Ecoboost Owner Forums

Exhuast mayhem

Aye--I'm trying to figure out an exhaust option for the 13 SHO. I want a more beefy sound but not sound like a pissed off bumblebee. I was told Corsa sounds horrible, Borla I can't really tell with videos. One friend said to go to exhaust shop and have them fit something. I don't know.

Thoughts?

I want to get the car prepped for more work once I break the engine in.

I am very please with my corsa exhaust, no drone only make noise when you get on it. No video will do any exhaust justice, took a member for ride at Milan and sold him on the corsa exhaust. However with out a tune on cars the corsa does get a bit louder. Weird I know you would think it would be the other way around. But with a tune the car is quiter.

Thanks SHO' date=' I did the same and saw those -- just hard to figure out through videos. It seems like Borla has a serious rumble too and the CORSA just sounds annoying. Without knowing either of those in video; can't really get an idea.[/quote']

I like may DynoMax muffler sound.

INSTALL SOUND TEST

ROAD TEST

I looked at Stainless Works and they don't have anything for the SHO. I also talked to my mate and I'm really considering dropping some bills on the Hennessey 445 MaxBoost kit.

geswek We had thread on Hennessey(BEFORE FORUM WAS DATED) but the short story is I had a 93 SHO and many had 90's SHO tune by them(HENNESSY) but they blow-up a hold lot of them. And fact that we have 3 tuner here and not ONE of our cars are tune by Hennessy was why I didn't use them this time and there pass is not so good. JUST WHAT I FEEL ABOUT THEM.

geswek We had thread on Hennessey(BEFORE FORUM WAS DATED) but the short story is I had a 93 SHO and many had 90's SHO tune by them(HENNESSY) but they blow-up a hold lot of them. And fact that we have 3 tuner here and not ONE of our cars are tune by Hennessy was why I didn't use them this time and there pass is not so good. JUST WHAT I FEEL ABOUT THEM.

What is the thought about Livernois?

The general feeling is that Hennessey is way too expensive for the performance and they have not proven to be reliable. Livernois has not had one failure due to their tunes and the do work very closely with Ford. I believe you will find the majority of people here that have Livernois tunes or products are more then pleased with both performance and customer service. I know they are top notch in my book.

What is the thought about Livernois?

I have LMS because at the time they had done the most tunes on a EcoBOOST. But Unleashed is very good and have many now. james is new but 3-4 guys who have he's tune like it to. So here or internet I have not seen one Hennessy tune but their on cars.

+1 on the Dynomax catback. It can be had for less than $200, but if you're just wanting sound, it's the best bet. No way I'd ever pay $1000+ for a catback...that's just crazy...if you want a catback. You could have an exhaust shop weld you up something for less than $500 probably.

I looked at Stainless Works and they don't have anything for the SHO. I also talked to my mate and I'm really considering dropping some bills on the Hennessey 445 MaxBoost kit.

Stainless Works is using my car to mock up an entire setup. It will be out this summer!

Just curious as I have not researched our exhaust setup...but do these cars have resonators that can be removed to give a bit more rumble? If so, that is usually a $50 job at most.
The 2013 has 3 cats and 2 mufflers. The third cat is the H-pipe that ties the two sides together after the downpipes.

Stainless Works is using my car to mock up an entire setup. It will be out this summer!

I'm going with Magnaflow X-pipe($65 at Advance Auto w/promotion code DOW9) and have a local shop to ben 2.5" pipe for me. I'll be finding out how much tomorrow.