Ecoboost Owner Forums

Introducing myself

Hey Guys,

I just purchased my 13 SHO and joined this forum. Looking forward to learning from y'all. I am 44 years old and a long time Ford fan. I have dragged Mustangs at the local strip starting in High School up until I got married in 94 (funny how that happens). Ended up selling both Stangs within the 1st 2 years of marriage (funny how that happens). My high school Stang was a 69 Mach I with a built 351W that ran low 14's (keep in mind 2:76 gears, no posi and street tires) I also had a 90 GT that ran high 14's (stock motor with bolt ons, 3:76 gears and slicks).

In the early 90's I talked my parents into buying a SHO and letting me take it to the local strip. I ran a 15:50 in stock form and no tweaks. I was sold ever since and when the 2013 model came out with the perf package, I had to get it.

I have just under 1000 miles on it and taking to the strip tomorrow night. No mods yet, I want to see what it will do in stock form. Any one have some 1/4 E.T.'s for a stock late model SHO they can share. I would like to know what to expect. Just driving it around and feeling the power this has, I am thinking mid 14's to high 13's. Weather should be perfect tomorrow night in the 70's.

Again, I am glad to be here and looking forward to taking in the education from Y'all.

Mike

PP SHO, 402A package (I think this car has every option available), Tuxedo Black (the fastest color lol) with the 2 tone Black/Gray int...My local dealer did not have one in stock but located exactly what I was looking for at a dealer 2 hours away. We negotiated a deal and they made a trade for it and had it here the next day. It was painless to say the least.

The GEN 2 SHO is no longer in the family. That car was ahead of its time.

Welcome aboard :welcome:

Glad to have you here. I am sure with your background, and history with the SHO platform, that our members will appreciate your knowledge, & love of the car.

Lots of great info posted here thus far, and our membership continues to expand.

We've recently upgraded to a new forums software package & are still working out some navigational issues, etc. But for the most part, things are progressing well.

Contribute where you may, and we all look forward to your involvement! :thumb:

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

welcome.gifGlad you've joined us. Hope you find your time here informative and helpful. Also if you check the drag racing area of the forum, you'll find a lot of ET's and info on guys that have had the car to the track. I think you will find that most are running low to mid 13's in stock form...depending on track and conditions.