Ecoboost Owner Forums

Buddy bringing his Charger by....

my house this weekend. He's got a 2013 Charger R/T top package. It's rated at 370/400 or so hemi. But' date=' it's got the 3.90 gear plus I think he's hiding something in the trunk...? Will get video hopefully. Happy Memorial Day Ecoboobies![/quote']

You have a tune? You'll rape him ;) no tune? Close race.

Stock for stock, I believe the SHO is bit faster, especially at lauching.

Then it all depends on mods. But the SHO answers better to tuning.

If he is not AWD, no brainer you will be faster...

Most of the time, when I'm launching, even against supposely faster cars, it seems like they stalled at launch or launched in reverse lol!

I just raced a E46 M3 and by the time I reached 70mph, I was at least 6 cars ahead... Same with SRT8, corvettes, etc. So a regular Hemi should be cake from 0-70 especially if you are tuned.

Good luck and please report... With a video even better!

Stock for stock, I believe the SHO is bit faster, especially at lauching.

Then it all depends on mods. But the SHO answers better to tuning.

If he is not AWD, no brainer you will be faster...

Most of the time, when I'm launching, even against supposely faster cars, it seems like they stalled at launch or launched in reverse lol!

I just raced a E46 M3 and by the time I reached 70mph, I was at least 6 cars ahead... Same with SRT8, corvettes, etc. So a regular Hemi should be cake from 0-70 especially if you are tuned.

Good luck and please report... With a video even better!

It's almost unfair how well our cars launch. Awd + auto with a loose torque converter + small turbos = most other cars are going to get left in the dust off the line.

Think ford intended it that way? Or is that just how it all turned out?

Ford did a great job, but Livernois brings it to another level. I drove a tuned 2010 for 2 years before I changed for that 2013. When I got that new car, I was so disapointed. I bought it from the president of my dealer who is 75 years old... He told me that he had take good care of the car for the 6k mile he had put on it, that he only accelerated two times in 6 months!!! The car had forgotten it has turbos lol!

With HR springs, downpipes, airaid and tune (before meth), the car gained 1 full second from 0-35 mph only!

To get there, it is instantly, about 1 second!

My 60', without meth, were 1.73-1.76 seconds...

I now have meth... The car is barely faster as Dan from LMS didn't have enough time to optimize a more agressive tune for it for the short time I was in Detroit, but it should be even faster very soon (I expect to be launching under 1.7's).

so, Ford did an awesome job, but left soooooo much on the table...

my house this weekend. He's got a 2013 Charger R/T top package. It's rated at 370/400 or so hemi. But' date=' it's got the 3.90 gear plus I think he's hiding something in the trunk...? Will get video hopefully. Happy Memorial Day Ecoboobies![/quote']

My 1st time at the track!BONE STOCK SHO vs STOCK 5.7L Charger(And the safety guy gave him a head start)

[url=

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahEOf_X_DpU[/url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahEOf_X_DpU]

My 1st time alter LMS Tune vs 6.1L srt8 Charger! Hands DOWN NO PROBLEM!!!lol

[url=

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSRDzsnQGVI[/url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSRDzsnQGVI]

You don't have to think twice about the charger.

When shoman04 beat that SRT8, it was mainly because of a better traction. At 13.26 sec, this run should have been closer. Stock SRT8 6.1 are supposed to run 13 flat. The new 6.4 SRT8 run 12.6 stock... So, in highway, they are faster then a SHO, even a tuned only SHO...

So keep it from a dig and it's a no brainer, race on highway and don't bet my friend.

When shoman04 beat that SRT8, it was mainly because of a better traction. At 13.26 sec, this run should have been closer. Stock SRT8 6.1 are supposed to run 13 flat. The new 6.4 SRT8 run 12.6 stock... So, in highway, they are faster then a SHO, even a tuned only SHO...

So keep it from a dig and it's a no brainer, race on highway and don't bet my friend.

IT WAS 95deg in HOT ATLANTA THAT NIGHT!!!! We both could have hit 13.0 flat if it had been cooler!

When shoman04 beat that SRT8' date=' it was mainly because of a better traction. At 13.26 sec, this run should have been closer. Stock SRT8 6.1 are supposed to run 13 flat. The new 6.4 SRT8 run 12.6 stock... So, in highway, they are faster then a SHO, even a tuned only SHO... So keep it from a dig and it's a no brainer, race on highway and don't bet my friend.[/quote']

Heres a 6.4 SRT-8 AWD, Gigiddy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwRl1AbIKzM

I was talking about the new Charger SRT8 6.4l. The jeep SRT8 usually runs around 12.9-13.2 stock with DA around 0.

I that video if the SHO beat the Jeep with a 13.09, that means that with a better DA the SHO would have easily run in the 12's.

I have been to the drags minimum 30 times with my 2010 and 2013 SHOs. I have raced all types of cars with my SHO having different mods and against Hemi and SRT8 in all conditions. With stock SHO, with good conditions, the 2010 was running mid to high 13's. With a tune high 12's and with meth low 12's.

Hemi stock runs high 13's, tuned low 13's.

SRT8 stock flat 13's, tuned mid 12's, supercharged low 11's.

It all depends on traction, but Jeep aside, SRT8 is faster than just a tuned SHO after 60mph.

My buddy has a 2013 charger pursuit (Police package) it's basically an RT with less frills so one would think that it would be lighter. I raced him for a total of 7 pulls... his choice, 2 from stop, 2 from slow roll (5mph), 2 from 15 mph and one from 60mph. The closest was from 60 mph but then it still only took about 2 seconds to shoot past him and walk away. From a stop it was comical. Love my SHO.

My buddy has a 2013 charger pursuit (Police package) it's basically an RT with less frills so one would think that it would be lighter. I raced him for a total of 7 pulls... his choice' date=' 2 from stop, 2 from slow roll (5mph), 2 from 15 mph and one from 60mph. The closest was from 60 mph but then it still only took about 2 seconds to shoot past him and walk away. From a stop it was comical. Love my SHO.[/quote']

Is yours stock or flashed?