Ecoboost Owner Forums

Stone chip

I picked up a small stone chip on the windshield a couple of days ago. Chip is on drivers side at eye level in a busy line of sight. I have full glass coverage. The insurance company will pay for replacement but they want to do a repair first to see how it comes out. I have the rain sensing, high beam, and sound screen glass. Anyone have experience with repair vs replacement? The glass company doing the repair/replacement is Safelite. I get nervous having any work done. Any advice appreciated.

Yea' date=' my insurance will fix it for free, and after that I have to pay my deductible. So I figured if I wasnt happy with the fix, ill just replace the windshield out of my own pocket. [/quote']

Insurance will pay for the repair and if I don't like it they will replace the glass. No deductible as I have full glass coverage. They might balk at the OEM glass on a '10. Is there really much difference between the OEM glass and the Safelite glass?