Ecoboost Owner Forums

Slow times? What gives?

Hey Guys, took it to the track today for the first time. The fastest I could get was a 13.19 @ 106.81mph. I have Intake, LMS 93 Tune and Cat back. I see most guys doing 12's easily with my mods. Any suggestions?

60' 2.058

330 5.603

1/8 8.542

MPH 84.20

1000 11.077

1/4 13.190

106.81 MPH

Temp 26C (78.8F) humidity 70% Pressure 101.00 kPa

Your 60' times are definitely atrocious.... most of us are in the 1.80 to 1.90 range(s).

Improving that alone, would EASILY get you into the 12's.

Try launching in the 2000-2200rpm range(s) and see where that gets 'ya.....

Start there and report back. :thumb:

Ok so I checked the slip and it's a 2.058 my 60' times are pretty bad then, as high as 2.149. So that sucks. Interesting I will have to work on that! On a side note, do you guys run in D, S or manual (flappy paddle)? I have noticed that it shifts much harder in manual than in S or D now that I have had the tune in for a while. In manual it feels really firm (breaks tires free into second) to the point I have had the system shut down going into second. I didn't try the manual shift at the track today. Would this have any impact? I am also wondering about heat soak with the K&N intake that I have. With the 2013 would the wireless OBD dongle work for logging? I know that the interface is different between the 2010-2012 to the 2013. I am curios what the IAT is among other things. Thanks for the quick responses guys!

A pic from the track, my friend with the Trailblazer SS in the back took a vid that I will get up once I get it off him.

On a funny note, after my first run I had about 10 guys crowd around my car lol. They were confused that my time was so quick. One fella in particular in a 2013 300 SRT8 ran almost the exact same time 13.15. They all couldn't believe that it was running that fast. We need to get a few of us together at Cayuga to educate these fine gentlemen in what these cars can actually do. When I mentioned that one of our forum members ran a 12.09 they nearly passed out lol.[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1980[/ATTACH]

Ok its sounds like your having a lot of wheel spin, 1st of always drag race in auto with traction off. Those paddles might be ok for a road course, but are useless at the strip. Also try dropping tire pressure to 28psi, when stagging avoid water trap but do a launch before staging. Also when staging, once the 1st light comes on just creep forward til the second light comes on and stop hold. Staging like this will give the best chance for a low ET. And try leaving at about 1800rpms.

Thanks Crash! Will do ill let you guys know how I make out.
ShoBoat I am the fastest tune only car in the club at 12.6sec on a 59deg night.

On a 95deg night vs 6.1L SRT8 Charger I ran 13.2sec!

So temp makes a big different, 1/4 tank of gas,all the weight you can take out will help! What is you car wt at the track? I hit the scale at 4165lb If I was not 230lb myself my car would be faster!!!!!!LOL

Cayuga is not a fast track for Test N Tune. There is no traction unless you run when the have prepped for an event. I have run my SHO there and my best et was 13.00 and my best mph is 108. Can't launch without spinning and when I launch at lower rpm I just can't get the et. Have new tires and might try this weekend or Friday if it doesn't rain.

I had similar times the first time I ran my 2010 non-pp with K&N CAI, Corsa catback, LMS downpipes, and LMS tune on factory all seasons. Figured I'd give it another go on a cooler night and ended up running 12.84 @ 108. Better tires, springs and cooler air and you should have no problem shaving more than a few tenths.

Well it seems that weather (and possibly a small mod to my intake) I was able to join you fine gentlemen in the 12's!!!!!! As a matter of fact she ran 12's all night with the exception of one run that I completely destroyed my launch lol . Tonight was a lot more fun, a good turn out at the track, but I was the only SHO once again. They must have had a sale on Chrysler products as there were plenty on tap. One 2013 300 SRT8 I ran against a few times and we were pretty even (I beat him twice and be got me once). His was tuned with intake. One Charger SRT8 managed to pull off a 12.59, Impressive but it was just once as he could not get under 12.80 again. Great bunch of guys at the track tonight.

best time of the night

Temp 63F

Humidity 98%

Absolute Barometer 30.83

Pressure 101.20 kPa

60' 1.845

330' 5.23

1/8 8.227

MPH was all messed up here is stated 26.88??

1000' 10.730

1/4 12.806

MPH @ 111.16

I was stunned on my first run of 12.90.... I looked at the slip for at least 20 seconds thinking he gave me the wrong slip. Interesing that this wasn't my fastest 60' time it was actually 1.803 but for some reason I only pulled a 12.84 @107.9. I am also trying to understand the difference in the trap speed. I was 3 mph faster in that other run. Weird.

In an attempt to cool my IAT I built a better deflector for the K&N out of some insulating material I got from my local speed shop. It does seem to have a small (4-5F) impact on the IAT at speed. On my way to the track I was running only 1 to 2F above ambient. It seemed to take longer to climb and quicker to recover. I was not able to do some data logging as my laptop died shortly after arriving. On my next trip to the track, I'll be sure to have a full charge. Thanks for all the help you guys!

Well it seems that weather (and possibly a small mod to my intake) I was able to join you fine gentlemen in the 12's!!!!!! As a matter of fact she ran 12's all night with the exception of one run that I completely destroyed my launch lol . Tonight was a lot more fun, a good turn out at the track, but I was the only SHO once again. They must have had a sale on Chrysler products as there were plenty on tap. One 2013 300 SRT8 I ran against a few times and we were pretty even (I beat him twice and be got me once). His was tuned with intake. One Charger SRT8 managed to pull off a 12.59, Impressive but it was just once as he could not get under 12.80 again. Great bunch of guys at the track tonight.

best time of the night

Temp 63F

Humidity 98%

Absolute Barometer 30.83

Pressure 101.20 kPa

60' 1.845

330' 5.23

1/8 8.227

MPH was all messed up here is stated 26.88??

1000' 10.730

1/4 12.806

MPH @ 111.16

I was stunned on my first run of 12.90.... I looked at the slip for at least 20 seconds thinking he gave me the wrong slip. Interesing that this wasn't my fastest 60' time it was actually 1.803 but for some reason I only pulled a 12.84 @107.9. I am also trying to understand the difference in the trap speed. I was 3 mph faster in that other run. Weird.

In an attempt to cool my IAT I built a better deflector for the K&N out of some insulating material I got from my local speed shop. It does seem to have a small (4-5F) impact on the IAT at speed. On my way to the track I was running only 1 to 2F above ambient. It seemed to take longer to climb and quicker to recover. I was not able to do some data logging as my laptop died shortly after arriving. On my next trip to the track, I'll be sure to have a full charge. Thanks for all the help you guys!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!! TO THE 12sec CLUB!!!!!! At 12.66sec(my fastest run) it was not my fast 60" either. Steve1428(THE MASTER JEDI of Speed) explain why that is but I don't remember why. Steve a real # guy at track stuff.