Ecoboost Owner Forums

New to the SHO

13-SHO

Hi, decided on the SHO thanks in part to reading the Taurus forums as well as yours. It is great to see everyone contributing and offering advice. Something I have missed since I owned a GP GTP. Can't wait to see what this car is capable of. Just launching with AWD is a huge plus over FWD and torque steer on my old GTP.

Back in the day, some (but not all) of the folks over at that other community you mention, were very opinionated about not only the newest Generation of Taurus, but were also not very fond of their owners. A lot of the angst seemed to be rooted in the fact that new Taurus SHO's were running in the low to middle 40's as far as price, and for as much as older owners were clamoring for FMC to "Bring Back The SHO", once FMC did, a good chunk of those very same people expressed their discontent with the price points. That seemed to be it in a nut shell. Not to mention that most newer owners were shunned, or ostricized because in the older owner's beliefs, the newer SHO's "just aren't special" cuz they don't utilize a Yamaha V8 as a power plant. So, because there was so much potential for the EcoBoost platform as a whole, thus EBOF was created to help cater, and highlight specifically, all the achievements of the newer owners and their mods. This shouldn't be misconstrued as meaning there aren't helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable members over there, or at other EB communities, cuz there are...... Just seems a lot of us have gravitated around here. Of which, I am thankful. We've got a great bunch here, and our EBOF continues to grow weekly! :thumb: Welcome aboard btw :welcome: As others have stated, enjoy all of the info posted here thus far, and please contribute where you may! The community looks forward to your involvement here! Mike :yo: Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Hi' date=' decided on the SHO thanks in part to reading the Taurus forums as well as yours. It is great to see everyone contributing and offering advice. Something I have missed since I owned a GP GTP. Can't wait to see what this car is capable of. Just launching with AWD is a huge plus over FWD and torque steer on my old GTP. [/quote']

To funny, I come from a similiar situation on the front drive car. My SRT4 would not hook up until 60-80 mph. Zero dig and all go on the roll. The SHO is the exact opposite. Good luck.