Ecoboost Owner Forums

Strange noise followed by "service advancetrac"

So...driving home with the family this evening, 35 mph on straight road, my '13 SHO kind of shuddered and then it sounded like we ran something over (nothing in the road). Immediately after this a "service advancetrac" message popped up on the dash. I had about 3 blocks to go to get home and the car drove fine the rest of the way. Anybody know what this might be?

I'm currently awaiting a reply from Ford so I can return this car under VA's lemon law. Not sure if I should take the car back in for this new issue and/or the gas tank recall prior to hearing back from them. I am MAJORLY disappointed with this car after 12k miles, it has awesome performance but it just seems to be one issue after another.I've never had this many problems with all of the other cars I've owned...combined.

Well that stinks. Not only to hear (read) about, but also just for you personally. Now mind you I don't own a '13 model year, but I just can't imagine why you ended up with the amount of bad luck you've reported. Still left scratching my head. :noidea: Good luck though, and please continue keep us updated as to the unfolding events. Thanks. Mike :yo: Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

It sucks when you spend that kind of money and do not have a reliable car.:frusty:

I'm hesitant to write this, for fear of 'commentator curse", but I haven't had to go to the dealer for any issues in the 6500 miles so far. Hopefully Ford will take care of you!

I don't know about the "service advancetrac" error but I think someone also on the forum had the light come on which would go away on startup each time. Don't recall if they every came back with a solution from the Ford dealer.

I've had this happen on my '13 at low speeds 2 times now in 18k miles. Both times the traction control light flashed but nothing else. I'm not really worrying about it for now. I'll take it in before the warranty expires but for now it hasn't been frequent enough to warrant taking time to schedule service.

Good luck and hope everything works out for you. I know how frustrating this can be. I had issues with an 87 Aerostar. It was just on issue after the other. Problem was that Ford wasn't acting on it. Come to find out that I live in an area where 3 of Ford's regions come together, and supposedly things were being channeled to different regions. I purchased the vehicle from a dealer in the Buffalo region, I live in the Pittsbugh region, but a local dealer (4 miles from me) that was trying to help was in the Philadelphia region....

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on the return of my SHO. I had my lawyer pursue the return for me and Ford seems a little more willing to discuss options now, after stonewalling me when I tried to work something out with them. I also have a friend who knows some ranking people at Ford's corporate office and he's going to give them a ring to tell them how excited I was to get back into the domestic market, the issues I've had, and the way their reps handled everything (by name, haha). Hopefully they'll make this right and as I look for replacement a vehicle the a new Ecoboost F150 is on my shortlist (as is the Toyota Tacoma and the 2014 WRX). It really sucks because overall I really like my SHO, but at the rate its going I just get a strong feeling that it will become a money pit in the years to come and I don't have a whole lot of confidence driving my young family down the highway in a car with electronic steering / steering issues. I'll post an update once somethign final is worked out. Take care guys/gals!

I've had this happen in my 2013 SHO as well. Low speed, sounds like a grumbling from the road and then the AT service light comes on. Upon restart the warning is gone. The strange thing for me is it seems to always happen on the same two different stretches of road. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything and said to bring it back if the light stayed on. It has not happened again for about 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...