Ecoboost Owner Forums

Map light/sunglass holder thingy sqeaks

Well been noticing an annoying squeak coming from what I thought was the dash, but discovered it was coming from where the Map lights/Sun glass holder is located on the roof of the car. If I push up against it from the rear it stops or pull on the headliner, but it keeps coming back. Anyone else run into this issue? I'd rather not take it back to the dealership if I don't have to, unless get my recall notice for my fuel pump...

I have the same exact issue you are having. I opened the sunroof to further investigate and If I tug on the front frame of the sunroof, it goes away also. I have not found a solution. My back subwoofer rattles with deep base, barely turned up, have you encountered that too?

I have the same exact issue you are having. I opened the sunroof to further investigate and If I tug on the front frame of the sunroof' date=' it goes away also. I have not found a solution. My back subwoofer rattles with deep base, barely turned up, have you encountered that too?[/quote']

No problems with the Sub, but as far as I can tell with the taping/squeaking issue its something in headliner/map light mountin tapping against something else.

• 2 weeks later...

When I replaced the bulbs in my map lights to LED, I had a rattle in the map light. I took it apart again and found that I hadn't place the heat shield around the bulb correctly and that fixed the rattle. You might want to take the cover off and make sure the heat shield is placed correctly.

There are several reports of a deeper rattle in the sunroof area due to a cable that touches the headliner. Several of us wrapped (or shoved) a piece of foam or cloth there to stop the rattle.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...