Ecoboost Owner Forums

2010 SHO with Sony Stereo

Hi All, I'm a first time ford owner and started with a SHO. So far I think I made a good decision. I've done a lot a searching and haven't been able to find anything on this subject so I thought I'd make a thread and see if I can get some help. I am interested in tapping into the line level outputs on the Sony so I can add some JL Audio amps. I know this can't be done on a lot of cars but was hoping it was possible with the Sony system. I'm not interested in a speaker line level converter. I had a Mazda 6 with a Bose system and it was pretty easy to do. Just need to know if its possible and if so is there a wiring diagram?

You should be able to find more information on installs ive done around here.

Couple quick notes. Only the front doors are full range. In my findings the rear 6x9 factory subs are crossed over too low for a SQ style 10/12 setup. The rear door 6x8s are high pass.

Also, there is plenty of room to make an adapter plate and run even oversized 6.5s up front. So I highly recommend that to everyone. Better sound, and better selection, and better prices compared to a 5x7/6x8.

• 3 months later...
You should be able to find more information on installs ive done around here.

Couple quick notes. Only the front doors are full range. In my findings the rear 6x9 factory subs are crossed over too low for a SQ style 10/12 setup. The rear door 6x8s are high pass.

Also, there is plenty of room to make an adapter plate and run even oversized 6.5s up front. So I highly recommend that to everyone. Better sound, and better selection, and better prices compared to a 5x7/6x8.

So would I be doing myself quite the favor by installing some good 6.5's up front? Are there any other quick upgrades like this I could consider? I'm not looking to go too crazy, but simple things like this to make significant improvements, I'm all for it.