Ecoboost Owner Forums

Clay, Rejuv Compound, Polishing, Wax

Looking to learn more about steps to detail to show quality. I use 4000rpm polish with Microfibre 6" pads for stubborn removal of dried compounds or the polishing product. This stuff dries fast and after getting most off in small areas with microfiber cloth I find a quick rotary polish helps. I watch for any heat. Also like to put wax on by hand and polish off at slow speed with DA unit using a wool pad and ultra soft bonnet. Thoughts? I use Meg's stuff.

While Meguiar's stuff is OK, I think you will get better results using a higher quality line. I really like Adam's Polishes, but if you check out Autogeek.com they carry a bunch of high quality lines. What I like about Adam's is they offer 110% guarantee if you're not happy with any product. They have great customer service and best of all, the stuff works great and gives a result that looks awesome and lasts.

While Meguiar's stuff is OK, I think you will get better results using a higher quality line. I really like Adam's Polishes, but if you check out Autogeek.com they carry a bunch of high quality lines. What I like about Adam's is they offer 110% guarantee if you're not happy with any product. They have great customer service and best of all, the stuff works great and gives a result that looks awesome and lasts.
Thanks for the tip! I agree I need to try higher end stuff. I'm also always puzzled about the necessity of Rejuv Compound, Polish and then Wax. Maybe just Clay and straight to a HQ wax that I can apply to entire car and then take off in one step.

While Meguiar's stuff is OK' date=' I think you will get better results using a higher quality line. I really like Adam's Polishes, but if you check out Autogeek.com they carry a bunch of high quality lines. What I like about Adam's is they offer 110% guarantee if you're not happy with any product. They have great customer service and best of all, the stuff works great and gives a result that looks awesome and lasts. [/quote']

When I'm doing a full blown detail, I don't ever use compound on my vehicles. I start with clay bar, then use a swirl and haze remover (it's much more gentle then compound), follow it with a polish, then a sealant, glaze, and finally wax.