Ecoboost Owner Forums

Sho and Mks 50k mikestone

OK, I am not quite at 50k but will be very soon. I ordered my MKS in May of 2009 and took delivery in September - a long wait! Started reading about tunes in early 2012 but thought it was mostly hype. I finally decided to call Rick at Livernois in late 2012 and order tunes to see if the improvement was as great as others were saying. The car had around 35,000 miles on it at that time. I have been running stage 4+ ever since and could not be happier! A 4500 pound AWD vehicle with a 2.77 gear, nice quiet ride, plenty of luxury, 27 MPG highway mileage and a 4.2 second 0-60 is almost freaky great!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What do you people pay for these tunes and which is a good on to start with? I've never modified any of my cars but I am trying to get my hands on a 2010 SHO and holy crap! Awesome ride. But I think I may need to add a bit so it isn't stock. It already has 20" wheels, K&N air filter is a given. What's the next Big Bang for my buck?

I would recommend Livernois for a tune, and it is the biggest performance gain for your money. I tuned my car at 6500 miles and love it. I know have just over 29K on it. I started with Stage 2 tune and then moved up to the more aggressive tunes a few months later. I was glad I started with the Stage 2, so I could really see the improvement with the higher stage tunes.