• PP Installed: 0-10k Miles
    • PP Installed: 11k-25k Miles
    • PP Installed: 26k-45k Miles
    • PP Installed: >46k Miles
    • Non-PP: 0-10k Miles
    • Non-PP: 11k-25k Miles
    • Non-PP: 26k-45k Miles
    • Non-PP: >46k Miles

Thought I'd launch a poll to see how many SHO-owners are doing their initial brake pad replacement at varying mileage intervals. This is really only informative for myself, but it may help others as well. I'd love to see everyone participate, although I'm not sure how many SHO-owners we have on the board so far. The poll is broke up into SHOs without the Performance Package (PP) installed and with the PP not installed. Please only select the mileage interval for when you had to replace the brake pads or rotors due to failure or TSB. It probably won't help the poll if you changed your brake pads out of preference only. :RpS_tongue:

Dealer is saying normal brake pad replacement interval is 25,000 miles on non-PP and 15,000 for PP installed. If that's the case....I need to do some serious upgrades or get something different!

Would love to participate, but I had my front pads replaced (my cost) when i had the front rotors replaced under the TSB at about 15K, and again around 28K.

I'm think'n about picking up a set of aftermarket pads and rotors from EBC this summer. We'll see (and I'm at about 30K now).

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Like bpd, I had my brake pads replaced under the TSB shortly after taking delivery of the car and have not had any problem with them since. I will probably upgrade as they wear down, but no immediate plans to do so. Like I have stated earlier, after years of driving pick-ups (F-150 with front disc and rear drums, Mark LT with 4 wheel discs) the SHO stops much better then the trucks did, so I have not been disappointed with the braking performance of the car.

Thanks for the input guys! Hopefully we can get a few more on the poll. Looks like I'm going to be out $300 bucks next week for pad replacement and rotor resurfacing. They wouldn't do the repair for free even though my car falls under the TSB (grinding front brakes) due to my brake pads being completely wore down. Pretty sure that warped rotors will do that to brake pads, but I digress.....

Archived