Ecoboost Owner Forums

I am confused as to what options to check..Livernois tune

I have a 2010 SHO with an AirRaid CAI.  I want to order the Livernois tune and I am not sure what options to check.  I run 93 octane.

I don't want to get into heavy modifications and what would be the best options to check for a basically stock vehicle?

Do I check stages 1 through 4?  Can I switch between the different tunes whenever I want?  Am I going to destroy my engine and transmission?

Thanks.

No these tunes are very safe, and will make the car much more fun to drive. I would suggest Stage 2, 4, and 4+. 4X is a great tune, but you will need to switch out the sensor on top of the engine from a 2 bar to a 3 bar and also switch to a 160 degree thermostat. Lastly it also requires a change of spark plugs. None of those mods are difficult and the performance of the 4X tune is awesome. However, again, it depends on whether you want to do the changes required for the 4X tune. I currently am running it and love it. But for a long time I ran the Stage 2 tune and thought it was great. I then moved up to the Stage 4 tune and really liked it. But the 4X is worth making the other changes. Also don't forget you need to leave room in the tuner to download your stock tune. Good luck with your decision, you'll be happy with which ever you choose!

Sorry, you can switch between tunes very easily, however, I have found no need to change. No you won't destroy your engine or transmission. Livernois tunes are very conservative and have proven to be very reliable. I have been running my tunes since January 2011 without any ill effects, as you will find most of us that have Livernois tuned cars. 

Yes, everything mjhpadi said!   I would add that you might want one 91 octane tune in case you travel to an area where you can't get 93.  Personally, I have stock, stage 4+ 91, stage 4+ 93, and 4X 93.  I really do not see any reason to have stages 1-3.  I run 4X on a regular basis.  I have been tuned for about 25,000 miles and recently began taking my car to the track.  I haven't had the slightest hint of any problems.  Many guys run their cars much harder than I do and have made hundreds of quarter mile passes with no problems, either.  These cars are tough as nails but should have good maintenance - synthetic engine oil, transmission fluid changes,  fresh and full PTU and RDU lube.

i recently after lusting for tuning my sho for atleast a couple years, finally pulled the trigger w/lme. i got the same tunes as bruce. i'm being a little more conservative, i did change mapsensor,plugs & tstat so could run the 4+93. have not had a chance to drive her since a service station situation left me without her for almost 4 weeks, but when i have driven her she has performed as everybody told me she would. i was especially worried about the tranny since i had a mysterious slipping issue last year that did finally get resolved, but the tune has done fine with the tranny. hoping weather gets niceer here so can really try tune out. & the amazing thing besides the plugs & tstat, a real unmechanical car guy was able to do it himself.