Ecoboost Owner Forums

FOB Battery Dead

I have a 2015 SHO and was wondering what I would do if the battery in the FOB was dead. I read the owners manual and removed the key from the fob. The manual then said to insert the key into a slot by the steering column or in the center council. I have neither slot? Could someone try this and find the key slots. My wife drives this car 90%% of the time and I want her to be prepared just in case.

Auggie    

If it's the same as my 2010, it would be found inside the center console area.

Once you've opened the console's cover, peer inside and it can be found towards the back, closest to the driver's seat. It's rectangular, and would be just large enough to fit the key fob itself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have a 2015 SHO and was wondering what I would do if the battery in the FOB was dead. I read the owners manual and removed the key from the fob. The manual then said to insert the key into a slot by the steering column or in the center council. I have neither slot? Could someone try this and find the key slots. My wife drives this car 90%% of the time and I want her to be prepared just in case.

Auggie    

The slot is for the fob (or fob with key), not for the mechanical key blade.  The mechanical key blade can be used to unlock the driver's door but is not required for starting the car.

-Rod