Ecoboost Owner Forums

Livernois Low, Slow, 2013 SHO

Rick - That is one sharp looking ride. I've been searching for wheels similar to the GT500 without success until now. I'm switching from the Nurburgrings to these.

Mike - The 9.5 in front will not cause the wheels to stick out? Offset the same as OEM? Are you keeping the tires at 245?

Thanks,

If they are 9.5" all around with 38 offset, I am wondering if you will have inside clearance issues on front? My 40 offset 8" ASA's and 255-45-18" tires come close to touching... maybe a 1/2 inch clearance. Also only about 3-4 mm clearance with the brake rotors, though that depends on spoke thickness and design.

I've been searching for wheels similar to the GT500 without success until now.

I'm switching from the Nurburgrings to these.

Mike - The 9.5 in front will not cause the wheels to stick out? Offset the same as OEM? Are you keeping the tires at 245?

I never planned on 9.5's up front.

I was planning on staying with the 8.5 (or may roll with 9's up front).

Definitely 20x10's in the rear though.

Both front & rear will be at a 40mm offset.

Refer to the thread on staggered wheel set up for further.

Now back to the topic at hand..... lovin the new stance of your '13 Rick :thumb:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I was referring the 9.5" all around that "First SHO-Mike" has ordered. Very nice looking wheels, if that's what Rick has pictured, but worried that 9.5" fronts may have clearance issues...

To many Mikes' are Mikeing up to the mike on this thread......

Know the Nurburgring's will fit fine!

Guys, I did special offsets front and rear to keep wheel like they stick out now. My fronts are 36mm and the rears are 42mm. It adds 1 inch to the inside of where they are now or 1/2 inch from stock. I am going with 275/45-20 Nitto Invo's all around. The Forgestars F14's are what Rick has pictured and I am going titanium in color. It is a custom wheel and will take 4-6 weeks to get.

I believe Darrells TSW's are 9.5 in the front, but he is running a smaller tire.

Darrell's fronts are not 9.5" but are 8.5" Here is info from TSW website on 20" wheels with 114.3 bolt pattern. For more info on other diameters go to TSW site.... I have the 18" by 9" in 33 offset. Haven't mounted the rears... Fronts are currently my Nitto Drag Radials...285-40-18". Plan is to install Conti DW 255-45-18" on all 4's. May wait till I wear out my current Conti's.

2005INT255114M76 TSW INTERLAGOS 20x10.5 5/114.3 ET25 MATTE BLACK ALLOY

2005INT255114S76 TSW INTERLAGOS 20x10.5 5/114.3 ET25 SILVER W/MIRROR CUT FACE ALLOY

2010INT405114M76 TSW INTERLAGOS 20x10 5/114.3 ET40 MATTE BLACK ALLOY

2010INT405114S76 TSW INTERLAGOS 20x10 5/114.3 ET40 SILVER W/MIRROR CUT FACE ALLOY

2085INT205114M76 TSW INTERLAGOS 20x8.5 5/114.3 ET20 MATTE BLACK ALLOY

2085INT205114S76 TSW INTERLAGOS 20x8.5 5/114.3 ET20 SILVER W/MIRROR CUT FACE ALLOY

2085INT405114M76 TSW INTERLAGOS 20x8.5 5/114.3 ET40 MATTE BLACK ALLOY WHEEL

2085INT405114S76 TSW INTERLAGOS 20x8.5 5/114.3 ET40 SILVER W/MIRROR CUT FACE ALLOY

The above are the various TSW Interlagos 20" s that are available... Darreli has 20" x 8.5" 40 0ffset wheels on all 4's with Conti DW tires in 245-40-20", which are slightly smaller than stock.

These sizes also pertain to the Nurburgring wheels that Mike from Lockport is going to get for his SHO. He will use 40 0ffset all around with a 8.5" -10" staggered set. I guess I could also stagger the tire sizes and put 285-40's on back, and 255-45 on front, using the same 9" wheels I have... Gets me thinking... which isn't GOOD....

I stand corrected. I was thinking he told me 9.5. Oh well.

He probably did... He posted the 9.5" on one of the Forums, and I pointed out he was mistaken. Think he changed it afterwards. Only reason I noticed it is that I also purchased Interlagos, and had considered all sizes, with the intent of the same diameter DR's. Just lucked into matching my 18" DW's.

That and he told me Saturday when we talked about the Forgestar F14's I put on order. I do know the TSW Max that I ordered prior to the F14's were different offset than what they have listed on there site, so it may be possible he was able to order 9.5's, just a thought.

You will need new bands to hold the TPMS sensors if they are the banded type. They are available at ebay. New bands are adjustable so you can re-use. Ford's have a crimped coupling that can't be re-used.

If you have sensors that are in the valve stem, they can be re-used without purchasing anything. Not sure if it was 2011 or the 2012 model year that Ford went to valve stem sensors. Unfortunately the banded and valve stem units are not interchangeable, as one gives a + reading and the other a - reading. If there were a way to re-program the Ford TPMS system you could, but not aware of anyone doing this. Schrader makes the valve stem units. One should be able to get a full set for around $100. The banded type are 2-3 times as expensive, if you get both sensors and bands, and the tool to re-set.

Rick - That is one sharp looking ride. I've been searching for wheels similar to the GT500 without success until now. I'm switching from the Nurburgrings to these.

Thanks,

I have also I really like the 2013 gt500 wheels

• 3 weeks later...

Lov'n that lowered 13 with the sprayed on tint, can't wait for mine!

Rick, I'm curious what differences you have noticed on the 2013 so far?? Did the non performance package get any upgraded cooling, or is the entire cooling system unchanged from last year? Also, does it seem to you that it handles any differently for the previous model year? Its too late for me to order the PP, I already put my order in for a 2013 non-PP about a month ago and am patiently waiting to join the ranks of everyone here. I didn't know about the upgraded cooling system when I placed the order, but from what I read it sounds like ALL the 2013's at least got a tranny cooler upgrade??

An LMS tune will be the first mod for sure, can't wait to hear you cracked it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Rick, I'm curious what differences you have noticed on the 2013 so far?? Did the non performance package get any upgraded cooling, or is the entire cooling system unchanged from last year? Also, does it seem to you that it handles any differently for the previous model year? Its too late for me to order the PP, I already put my order in for a 2013 non-PP about a month ago and am patiently waiting to join the ranks of everyone here. I didn't know about the upgraded cooling system when I placed the order, but from what I read it sounds like ALL the 2013's at least got a tranny cooler upgrade??

An LMS tune will be the first mod for sure, can't wait to hear you cracked it!!!

Just a matter of time. LMS is the best.

I remember when mine was on order and delayed due to the Japanese tsunami (of all things) and certain parts holdups.....Got it in May after ordering in December....Long time but worth the wait for sure.

You'll love it with a tune even more.

Good luck with being patient.:evil:

C.

Besides looks, it feels just like the 2010.

To my knowledge, the Non-PP cars don't have any cooling upgrades.

Hopefully, we can tune it soon.

-Rick

Archived