Ecoboost Owner Forums

Upgrade

They need better speech recognition in all the models up to 2013, I don't know how that Sync is working but I'm willing to guess poorly. Sync in my 2010 Edge and 2012 Taurus has difficulty understanding language, it's fustrating. Hell maybe Micorsoft should take a lesson from Apple with Siri, now that girl understands.

This new fix should fix some of this. Apple always gets it right before it hits the market. Makes you wonder how long they keep a secrete before it hits the market.

As for MY Ford Touch I think 12 was the first year in the Taurus. I also think Sync is a pain in the butt. It asks you to many questions. They could have made it so simple. set temp 72 Sirius the highway. Cancel trip not cancel route What were they thinking? I do hope they fix some of this

This update is only for My Ford Touch that was in certain other 2011/2012 Ford models. It was available in the Edge, Explorer, Focus and Lincoln MKX.

This system was just introduced to the Taurus and Fusion for 2013 and it will come with the updated software.

From the quickstart guide:

"Start your vehicle and turn on your audio system. They must remain running throughout the upgrade process, which could last up to 60 minutes."

I hope you can go for a drive while waiting with the radio and engine running....

C.

60min !?!?

Geezuz.... with low grade 87 gas hit'n almost $4.60 a gallon in the Chicagoland area, I would hope that FMC is including some type of gas card / rebate to offset the fuel costs associated with performing this upgrade.

Goodness, glad I don't have to do this one.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Nice to know you and I are in the same company Darrell.

Wives must read the same manuals on how to hate their spouse's souped up cars. :behindsofa:

The Old Lady calls it (I call it MYBABY,THE SHO, MY CAR, THE OTHER WOMAN) THAT NO GOOD HUSSY.!!!!!!! LMBO:cheerful::RpS_laugh::boom:

I've given up on using sync and have switched to good ol' button pushin'. It might be a hair slower' date=' but lacks the frustration.[/quote']

I was thinking I was the only one with this problen (cause I talk southen and itis A LAN A no T'seseseses not Atlanta ) My dealer said that there was a up-date , I had to make appointment to have it done. OH MyTouch start 2012 Taurus's. Sync ok but it likes the old lady better than me.:wacko: PS Welcome to Got5 the :first:2012 owner member I've seening here. I thing most people either got the 11 or waiting on 13. I like thing on 2010-12 not on 13's but other love 13's because of its drifferents. IT'S ALL GOOD.:cheerful::love: I love my FORDs [ATTACH=CONFIG]288 [ATTACH=CONFIG]289[/ATTACH] I think I'm going to cry LOL:lol: Even(Driving Ms Betsy)[ATTACH=CONFIG]290[/ATTACH]

post-237-142532286436_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286438_thumb.jpg

post-237-14253228644_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286436_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286438_thumb.jpg

post-237-14253228644_thumb.jpg

I was thinking I was the only one with this problen (cause I talk southen and itis A LAN A no T'seseseses not Atlanta ) My dealer said that there was a up-date ' date=' I had to make appointment to have it done.[/size'] OH MyTouch start 2012 Taurus's. Sync ok but it likes the old lady better than me.:wacko: PS Welcome to Got5 the :first:2012 owner member I've seening here. I thing most people either got the 11 or waiting on 13. I like thing on 2010-12 not on 13's but other love 13's because of its drifferents. IT'S ALL GOOD.:cheerful::love: I love my FORDs I think I'm going to cry LOL:lol:

If you check you fuel mileage be prepared for it to take a hit after that appointment -- Sitting idling for an hour will waste more than a little gazzzz. Just sayin'.

Only other choice I can see is to just have the key to the ON position with the ign. live but no motor in which case it'll deplete the battery to the point it should be recharged.

The guide did say "Could Last" up to an hour which doesn't mean it will be that much but could be.

I'm sure we'd all be very interested to hear just what they do and how long it takes.--- AND if it improves the feature.

FFT.

Colin

If you check you fuel mileage be prepared for it to take a hit after that appointment -- Sitting idling for an hour will waste more than a little gazzzz. Just sayin'.

Only other choice I can see is to just have the key to the ON position with the ign. live but no motor in which case it'll deplete the battery to the point it should be recharged.

The guide did say "Could Last" up to an hour which doesn't mean it will be that much but could be.

I'm sure we'd all be very interested to hear just what they do and how long it takes.--- AND if it improves the feature.

FFT.

Colin

:music:I'M IN THE MONEY/I'M IN THE MONEY :music: (OH NO) :music:I'M IN THE TUNE/I'M IN THE TUNE!!!!!!! I just order my LMS 4+ TUNE:music: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!:whoo::crazy::bowl::faint:

I've given up on using sync and have switched to good ol' button pushin'. It might be a hair slower' date=' but lacks the frustration.[/quote']

Oh NO YOU DIDN'T!!, YOU CAN'T leave us hanging with moderately modified. and don't say what you did. Even if it's just paint we want to know.:RpS_ohmy:

Just got my update yesterday! Definitely seems much faster and smoother. The graphics are better as well. Haven't really checked it out too in depth though. It's my wife's car and I barely see it

I'm so cornfused about what the update is for. I have a 2010 with nav. I don't have My Ford Touch. Will the upgrade update my system?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting for a USB from Ford. A call to my dealer this morning straightened me right out. Seems by checking my VIN he could tell that my '10 was not included in the upgrade. I've got NAV and My Touch but my version must be too old. Mine must be "My Tough"

Archived