Ecoboost Owner Forums

AWD question

AWD question... I've owned two Of these newer SHOS. First one was a 2014, which I modded. Had to sell it, missed it. Picked up a 2010 SHO W/60K miles. This 2010 has a ton of torque steer and never feel like the rear 20% kicks in. Took to ford after getting extended warranty. They are claiming it's working correctly. It's a very different feeling between these two SHOS. Even drove a 2014 on their lot yesterday, wouldn't break them lose. My car does it with no problem. Is there some way to see that on a scan tool?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My car has a ton of torque steer, and with the tune, it's almost impossible to go WOT from a standing start, must get the car rolling before smashing the pedal, or there is a ton of spinning and not much movement in the right direction.  And it has the torque steer and spinning with both the stock Michelins and the current Generals. 

There MUST be some significant difference in how much torque the RDU is putting to the ground.  My 2010 MKS was tuned and unless I would brake-torque it, it would barely chirp the tires from a standing start.  ZERO torque steer.    The car was no slouch in performance, either.  It would consistently run 12.7-12.8 times at the track.  Occasionally we hear of SHOs that seem to break traction easily but for the most part, traction is not a problem at all for these cars.

I am not sure how it would be tested but I suspect that a SHO with traction or torque-steer issues is not applying appropriate torque to the rear wheels. 

I have noticed some torque steer on my 2010 if I am really on it...

With AJPTurbos tune, if I do a powerbreak launch, the front lifts too much setting of the stability control and traction (non-pp) control off...

Just mashing the pedal I will chirp the fronts but not bad...

I might go test drive a newer model myself just to see the difference..

I've wondered about the torque steer and the computer being able to direct power front and rear and the tune.  Remember when the "Hill Assist" first started showing up when the cars were tuned...mine never did. Seems the earlier builds don't have enough memory to incorporate the "Hill Assist", so just wondering if that may also be the case with the front/rear distribution with the tune.  Just a thought, not really sure about any of this other than the "Hill Assist".

AWD question... I've owned two Of these newer SHOS. First one was a 2014, which I modded. Had to sell it, missed it. Picked up a 2010 SHO W/60K miles. This 2010 has a ton of torque steer and never feel like the rear 20% kicks in. Took to ford after getting extended warranty. They are claiming it's working correctly. It's a very different feeling between these two SHOS. Even drove a 2014 on their lot yesterday, wouldn't break them lose. My car does it with no problem. Is there some way to see that on a scan tool?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Twice when I had my PTU worked on, the Ford mechanic didn't properly reconnect the connector to the drive train that signals the power to go to the back end, and I ended up just spinning the front wheels all the time--back end wasn't engaging at all. I had to get the mechanic to ride with me for them to accept that something was wrong. When it's working properly, I don't get any noticeable torque steer.