Ecoboost Owner Forums

Upgrading 2011 SHO Side Mirrors to 2014+ w/inserts

Didn't realize that they changed the rear view mirrors.  I do know when I broke the glass in the mirror of my 98 F-150,  I couldn't purchase a replacement glass, had to purchase the entire mirror...and it wasn't inexpensive. If I remember correctly around $250.00.  But that mirror did have the turn signal lights in the mirror.

Ford, as well as most aftermarket vendors, will undoubtedly make you purchase the entire assembly as mjhpadi explained.

If you/re looking to replace just the glass alone, which is relatively easy to do as the glass is just held in retaining/retention clips, then you'll likely have to go to a junk yard / bone yard.

Thanks, mjhpadi and bpd1151. I got the full 2014 assemblies, but they're not heated and don't have the blindspot indicators, so they won't do. (Thankfully, they're in excellent condition since I need to resell them.) I'm looking just to replace the glass in the current mirrors. I know Ford is making them heated with blindspot indicators for the 2014 and up, but I can't find if they're an exact fit for the 2011.

Thanks, mjhpadi. That's just the inspiration I needed. I thought about pictures then realized that's at best only close. Instead of measuring, I'll cut a paper template of the 2011 and compare it to the 14. If they are the same, I'll change from eBay to the forums and online recycled parts sources to see if I can get the heated glass w/blindspot indicators. 

Just an FYI, I needed to replace the glass on my passenger side only. I was able to purchase only the glass from Tasco. Was a little tough to figure out what the part number was, but I was able to do it. And then as previously mentioned, just snaps out and then snaps back in

Thanks, tss. That's helpful. The blind spot mirror is the additional feature I'm after. Now it sounds like I just need to see if Tasco has heated, blind spot indicator (the little amber light), and the spot mirror. (Unfortunately only my main rear-view mirror is auto-dimming ... unless I discover the connections for that feature are already run to the side mirrors.)

• 3 weeks later...

tss, size of mirrors is confirmed -- the ones on my 2011 SHO are exactly the same size at the ones on the 2014 mirrors I accidentally ordered. One last thing to check is if their mountings are the same. Disregard my question about Tasco. I found the company is actually Tasca. I just emailed them about the combination of the small blind spot mirror, heated, and blind spot detection system indicator. When I hear from them, I'll share the response here since others may be interested in upgrading the mirrors on their 2011-2013 Taurus's.

• 1 month later...