Ecoboost Owner Forums

Any AutoX'ers Out There

I wanted to see any anyone on here AutoX's their car. I typically autox or road race. I'm excited to see how the SHO handles given its weight and AWD. I still have some work to do getting the car setup this year. Besides adding engine and tranny fluid coolers. I'll also be change the drivetrain fluid to fully synthetic. As long as it fits i should be running 275 on 9.5 in rims to help counter the weight.

Some fun i had to deal with is that the new SHO wasn't listed in the class listing for the SCCA. There was just a listing for the old Yamaha V6 SHO. So i put in a request to have it classed and according to the lastest SCCA Fastrack newsletter, the new SHO is still in the same class as the old one, which i thought was interesting. But i guess the weight really negates the added power and AWD.

Never participated in an SCCA event, but I found your post interesting in the aspect that the new, late model SHO's weren't even classed / ranked.

Kind of strange for sure. I'd be interested to read about your experiences in racing your SHO, & I'm sure others will be to.

That said, keep the community posted following each of your events for this year.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Never participated in an SCCA event, but I found your post interesting in the aspect that the new, late model SHO's weren't even classed / ranked.

Kind of strange for sure. I'd be interested to read about your experiences in racing your SHO, & I'm sure others will be to.

That said, keep the community posted following each of your events for this year.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Will Do. I plan on getting a second gopro this year so i can get some really good video.

I to found it strange that it wasn't classed, but i guessed they thought only old people were going to drive them. At least the car is classed now.

I think that it hasn't been noticed yet adds to the "sleeper" reputation of the new car' date=' and also the low production numbers don't hurt it either.[/quote']

Thats true. We'll have to see how it does out there.

I autocross' date=' but I haven't used the SHO yet, the Vette is just too good at it.[/quote']

I'm sure its more than enough fun.

• 4 months later...

Archived