Ecoboost Owner Forums

H&R Springs and Passengers

I'm patiently waiting for my 2013 (non-PP) which was ordered March 2nd and I have already racked up a list of must do mods. First will be a tune of course (hopefully the LMS crew will crack the 13 soon!), and the next mod on my list is lowering with H&R springs. I love the look and it sounds like everyone really likes the ride, which is perhaps just slightly stiffer than stock???

My biggest question is concerning the vehicle stance with multiple passengers or loaded down with luggage, etc??? I frequently drive 5 adults around at work for lunch and meetings. Does anyone who has done the H&R's have some thoughts on if it makes driving with a crew problematic? Does it look like its dragging bottom with passengers?

With my Flex & H & R's, I also have XL (extra Load - stiffer sidewalls) tires inflated to 40 lb and airbags set at 60 lb. It rides fine... Definitely it is firmer, but the handling gains was well worth the effort. My wife and I are in our 60's and we have had everything from Corvettes to Cadillacs. We have over 20 K on our H & R's. (Note: air bags were installed for drags...) H & R's are progressive rate springs so they stiffen as more weight or body roll occurs. No sag that I have seen... We load our Flex to the max when traveling between our homes, and if anything, the ride is even better fully loaded, but rear (before air bags) did NOT sag, Car stance was the same. Only thing I notice is that fully loaded, the steering is slightly lighter.

Has anyone ever found any technical data on 2010 SHO vs. 2013 vs. PP vs non-PP vs. h&r springs? After seeing members putting in 2013 tranny coolers, I thought I would see someone order up some 2013 springs or shocks/struts??? I'm really excited to put some h&r's on my 2013 (for the look), but I don't want to remove well engineered Ford springs for aftermarket just for the drop...BUT, I can't find any technical data or road tests anywhere!

Side note: I ordered my 2013 on march 3rd, and just found out I have an expected delivery of June 24th! ...I am trying to be patient...the SHO forums give my daily fix or I'd be losing my mind!

I ordered my 2013 on March 3rd, and just found out I have an expected delivery of June 24th!

I am trying to be patient. The (blank) forums gives my daily fix or I'd be losing my mind!

Congrats on your order, happy, and a lil bit jealous, but excited for you all at once.

Most of us lost our minds just from being at that other place.

Which is why we choose to stay put here.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe its time to make ecoboostownerforums my ONLY daily fix ;)

Now you're think'n.....

I would just think this community is more applicable to the current models and caters more to the EB platform across the board.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe its time to make ecoboostownerforums my ONLY daily fix ;)

I'm thinkin' that's a great idea....althought the Taurus Car Club of America isn't a bad place to hang out. Lots of information, especially for us owners of older Generation Taurus and Sables.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone ever found any technical data on 2010 SHO vs. 2013 vs. PP vs non-PP vs. h&r springs? After seeing members putting in 2013 tranny coolers' date=' I thought I would see someone order up some 2013 springs or shocks/struts??? I'm really excited to put some h&r's on my 2013 (for the look), but I don't want to remove well engineered Ford springs for aftermarket just for the drop...BUT, I can't find any technical data or road tests anywhere![/quote']

I'd love to see this information as well. Here's some information I found on Eibach's site, noting that OE rate is for 2010-2011, not sure what 2012 and 2013 are.

Front

OE rate: 31 N/mm (177 lbs/in)

Eibach rate: 37 N/mm (212 lbs/in)

Rear

OE rate: 89 N/mm (507 lbs/in)

Eibach rate: Progressive 60-107 N/mm (342-612 lbs/in)

Archived