Ecoboost Owner Forums

Scooter70's F150 FX4 EB SCrew

Scooter70

Son-in-law really wanted an FX4... but didn't like the black interior... Then wanted a Lariat with the adobe interior... Set on an EB... but 2 couldn't get dealer traded for him, so he ended up with a really sweet V-8. SAD.... I know... but he got all the rest of the options or NON-options he wanted... Has the 20's with scorpions and the non-chrome wheels. I got him X-plan from Ford exec. friend, so he saved around $7,500!

But.. damn.. I wish he had the EB!

I got him X-plan from Ford exec. friend' date=' so he saved around $7,500.[/quote']

Geezuz..... I now know who'll be the 1st on my list of people to be asking favors of when it pertains to the wife being due for her next new vehicle.

Maybe FMC will be making EB Explorers by 2014 or so :noidea:

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

Geezuz..... I now know who'll be the 1st on my list of people to be asking favors of when it pertains to the wife being due for her next new vehicle.

Maybe FMC will be making EB Explorers by 2014 or so :noidea:

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

Can't you already get the 2.0L EB for the Explorers now? Probably not the EB you were referring to.

I must be an EB snob because I only recognize it if it's at least 3.5L. :laugh:

Bring on the 5.0L EB's and some larger turbos for this thing. :RpS_thumbup:

And welcome to the OP! At least you got the truck right. One out of 3 aint bad!

J/K What a great stable! Love me some C5 and up vettes.

Son-in-law really wanted an FX4... but didn't like the black interior... Then wanted a Lariat with the adobe interior... Set on an EB... but 2 couldn't get dealer traded for him, so he ended up with a really sweet V-8. SAD.... I know...

But.. damn.. I wish he had the EB!

So what's wrong with the V-8? I have always felt like there is nothing like a V-8 for most truck hauling duties. (Not counting diesel...not a big diesel fan). I always wanted V-8's and still have the 4.6 in wifey's Explorer.

I WON"T ALLOW HIM TO POST HERE... is what is WRONG! Also around a second slower to 60...but still faster than most cars. Think for him, he made the right decision in the end. Almost waited for a 2012, but that would have been about $1,200. retail more than 11 EB, plus loss of all incentives. He did have x-plan.

It really is a nice vehicle. Haven't got a ride or a drive yet, but was sitting in it last night. Unbelievable amount of room in the back seat. Seats look to be a bit straight up and down.. but didn't feel that way at all.

V-8 was $1,750. less due to Extra cost + $1,000. extra incentive when he got it around Thanksgiving.

If it was mine... I would LOWER it immediately! And... add Dual Exhaust!

You can currently get the 2.0 EB in the Explorer and the Edge. I haven't driven one yet but I have taken a spin in a 3.5L Explorer and they're nice vehicles.

By 2015 EcoBoost should be available in most of the Ford Motor Company lineup. That doesn't necessarily mean turbo V6s but more likely turbo 4-cylinders in place of V6s.

I've worked in design and engineering at Ford for over 12 years. As for the Vettes... I don't like to mix business and pleasure. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Archived