Ecoboost Owner Forums

Newbie from Iowa - still shopping.

Watts

Hey guys - just posting to introduce myself.

I'm in the market for a pre-owned Ecoboost sedan (SHO or MKS). I currently drive a '03 WRX wagon with some mods. I'm looking to upgrade to a larger vehicle (I'm married and we have a 2yr old with plans for another in a couple of years) with some performance and the SHO fits right into that niche. I really like the luxury of the MKS but i'll probably end up going with the SHO for some cost savings and more of a performance look vs. luxury. I'm still too young to drive a lincoln!

Once my wife's '08 GMC Acadia is paid off I'll be able to purchase a new vehicle for myself - counting down the months! So far I have plans for Livernois Stage 4+ right off the bat with H&R springs close behind. I have an idea for a DIY grille that would be a lot like the Mobsteel at around 1/3 of the cost.

Welcome aboard there Watts (real name is??) :welcome:

Most of us enjoy the sheer size and performance of our EcoBoost's for the very same reasons you're looking to purchase one for yourself!

So to that end, you'll find yourself to be in great company here at EBF!

We look forward to your contributions, and please help spread the word around about our new community to others who may find it useful :thumb:

Mike :wave:

Welcome Watts!!

As you will find out fairly quick, the tune is the best bang for your buck. Once you unleashed the beast, there will be no turning back. To top it off, Rick from Livernois is awesome to deal with...excellent customer service.

Well...have fun in this forum. You'll find that folks here are friendly. We're all here to have fun with our rides.

Mel

Several IA idiots on here..... LOL

Depending on your luck... the EB MKS & SHO may be about the same price. Advantage to MKS is the big MOON ROOF, and choices of interior... SHO PP is more fun if the one you are interested in has it.

Or... you can get rid of that Acadia... and get a EB Flex. Seating with center buckets is actually better. AND... with H & R's and some kick ass tires... it will handle almost as good as a SHO!

Welcome. I think the SHO looks more manly but the MKS has some unique featutes like adaptive HIDs, power rear sunshade, real wood, leather dash, dual sunroofs, rear LED brakes and turn signals, etc . Can't go wrong with either one.

:welcome: Glad you joined us. I was in the same boat as you, I was having a hard time deciding on a SHO or MKS but I just liked the overall looks of the SHO better then the MKS. I thought it looked more muscular and that's why I landed on the SHO. The features of the MKS weren't enough to change my mind...and BTW the SHO does offer the power rear window shade.

Welcome! I made the same choice as you. I moved from a stage 3 02 WRX wagon to the 2013 PP SHO and I am in love. I still have the WRX but it hasn't moved since I bought the new one. 2013 doesn't have the tune out yet but in truth I am in no hurry, don't get me wrong I want..... I need...... But I do want to log some shakedown miles before I void the warranty. I have 2 kids they fit great and they love the car. The hardest part for me is how quiet the car is. I know the neighbors are happy about my upgrade but I will probably invest in some growl when I do the tune. Good luck in finding the car for you and don't worry about buyers remorse with this one.

Dean

Yeah, agree, you WILL NOT have buyers remorse with either. Big, roomy, well optioned, Great powerplant with decent gas mileage. This is the only of my many car forums where guys are simply enjoying and praising the car and not just complaining about it.

ps. I did not know the SHO had the rear sunshade - I am still learning here myself! Does it have the automatic high beams too?

Does it have the automatic high beams too?

YES.

There is also a setting for it as well.

I flipped out the 1st time my brights went on all by themselves and as I was driving along, I was thinking to myself "Oh Dear God, not an electrical short, please no".

I look back and laugh about that experience now.

This is the only of my many car forums where guys are simply enjoying and praising the car and not just complaining about it.

AMEN!

I quit the Flex Net Forum, which had many great guys, but a few idiots who always had to make a big deal out of nothing, and who always questioned my mods and their effect, even when I called them "FLUFF". Just got old.

This place is GRRRR8! (oops)!

We are counting on you mods to keep it this way! :)

p.s. I know it's tough from first hand experience, but this site is very unique with its lack of trolling, lack of immaturity, lack of unnecessary confrontation/criticism and its helpful members.

We are counting on you mods to keep it this way! :)

p.s. I know it's tough from first hand experience, but this site is very unique with its lack of trolling, lack of immaturity, lack of unnecessary confrontation/criticism and its helpful members.

This is a great place and the membership thus far has been outstanding!

I for one am very glad to finally be part of a place where members are friendly, helpful, provide great info, and overall has provided for a drama free community.

Rare indeed!

There is a lot of behind the scenes mod work that goes unnoticed (which is fine) and it relates to monitoring, deleting, and banning those nasty Spammers that do somehow make their way through our security screening protocols (Hell, myself & ADMIN whacked another 9 of them today alone).

But kudos go out to ALL of the members here for keeping this place as great of a community as it is. :hail:

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Archived