Ecoboost Owner Forums

Starting to feel sorry for Ford

So I've had my 2010 SHO for about two months now and loving it. It was still under factory warranty when I bought it and as a certified used Ford it has an extra 12 months 12k bumper to bumper warranty. In the two months I've had the SHO, Ford has replaced all four 20" Rims for flaking finish, all four tail/trunk lights for chrome issues, performed the TSBs on both the front and rear brakes which is basically new breaks all around and now they are replacing my grille and Ford emblems front and back for cracked chrome and finish respectively. All told, parts, rental car ect is over $6000 of warranty repairs to Ford, $0 to me. :o:o:o:o

So I've had my 2010 SHO for about two months now and loving it. It was still under factory warranty when I bought it and as a certified used Ford it has an extra 12 months 12k bumper to bumper warranty. In the two months I've had the SHO' date=' Ford has replaced all four 20" Rims for flaking finish, all four tail/trunk lights for chrome issues, performed the TSBs on both the front and rear brakes which is basically new breaks all around and now they are replacing my grille and Ford emblems front and back for cracked chrome and finish respectively. All told, parts, rental car ect is over $6000 of warranty repairs to Ford, $0 to me. :o:o:o:o[/quote']

hahahaha, don't let EBB cajole you into tuning yet. You may want to keep that warranty a while JIC anything else is needed in the near term.

A Livernois tune would surely make the car wake up and be that much more enjoyable tho when you're ready.

There's a lot of threads on here about the subject and Rick@Livernois could hook you up as he has many of us already.

Enjoy and welcome , Irish.....

cheers,

Colin

Agreed for the tune Colin, but for the warranty, all the claims would still have gone through even if the dealer knew the car had been tuned because all the problems of chrome peeling and brakes, etc. have nothing to do with the tunes. For a claim to be refused, a relation needs to be made that the tune was a cause of the problem... Just saying... But if a tranny was to be damaged, etc. that is the risk... But like I already said in another place, why wait until warranty is over before enjoying a tune? If you put a tune after warranty and the car brakes, you will still have to pay for repair... at least if it brakes under warranty, there is always a chance that the dealer can pass it under warranty... Beside, after about 300 cars that Livernois has tuned, there aren't any problems reported as of now... I surely wouldn't want to wait 36K miles before enjoying the car for what it is capable of...

QUOTE=EcoBrick Bob;6324]Ford is waiting for you to tune it!!!! LOL

I have your sister-- EB Flex! But... mine is FASTER!!!!!!

Bob

"I remember your Flex from the FordFlexForum, I wouldn’t even try to compete with the fastest brick on the planet, Very Nice Ride. The Flex is the family funster for now, but my wife has defiantly gotten used to the power, there is no going back from this point which means I will have more opportunity to tune it later.

hahahaha, don't let EBB cajole you into tuning yet. You may want to keep that warranty a while JIC anything else is needed in the near term.

A Livernois tune would surely make the car wake up and be that much more enjoyable tho when you're ready.

There's a lot of threads on here about the subject and Rick@Livernois could hook you up as he has many of us already.

Enjoy and welcome , Irish.....

cheers,

Colin "

Colin

Yeah, I really would like to get a tune for the SHO, and the Flex for that matter but I agree I should probably hold off for a little while until I've exhausted the easy warranty kills on the SHO. Previous owner didn’t do anything to her in the way of TSBs, pretty sure she was a little old ladies car until I got ahold of her.

"Agreed for the tune Colin, but for the warranty, all the claims would still have gone through even if the dealer knew the car had been tuned because all the problems of chrome peeling and brakes, etc. have nothing to do with the tunes. For a claim to be refused, a relation needs to be made that the tune was a cause of the problem... Just saying... But if a tranny was to be damaged, etc. that is the risk... But like I already said in another place, why wait until warranty is over before enjoying a tune? If you put a tune after warranty and the car brakes, you will still have to pay for repair... at least if it brakes under warranty, there is always a chance that the dealer can pass it under warranty... Beside, after about 300 cars that Livernois has tuned, there aren't any problems reported as of now... I surely wouldn't want to wait 36K miles before enjoying the car for what it is capable of... "

Steve

Give me a couple of months to get settled, we are moving twice in the next 5 months, then depending on the dealer's attitude when we finally settle down I'll start unleashing the SHO. For now it’s all cosmetic mods.

Cheers

JZ

Agreed for the tune Colin' date=' but for the warranty, all the claims would still have gone through even if the dealer knew the car had been tuned because all the problems of chrome peeling and brakes, etc. have nothing to do with the tunes. For a claim to be refused, a relation needs to be made that the tune was a cause of the problem... Just saying... But if a tranny was to be damaged, etc. that is the risk... But like I already said in another place, why wait until warranty is over before enjoying a tune? If you put a tune after warranty and the car brakes, you will still have to pay for repair... at least if it brakes under warranty, there is always a chance that the dealer can pass it under warranty... Beside, after about 300 cars that Livernois has tuned, there aren't any problems reported as of now... I surely wouldn't want to wait 36K miles before enjoying the car for what it is capable of...[/quote']

LOL indeed Steve....that's why I suggested "a while" , and not the extent of the manufacturer's warranty.

They are probably out there, and must be respected for their prudence, but I don't know anyone who could wait that long. Most here certainly didn't.

Rick's tunes are very tempting for the new buyer but probably a little wait is best, don't you think, to get the possible 'kinks' worked out? :happy:

Yes we do understand that if there's an issue with the tail-light chrome peeling there shouldn't be a problem with a warranty claim because one has a tune in the ECM.

Cheers,

C.

I agree with Colin, a little wait is not a bad thing. I wish I would have gotten the tune sooner, but I was kinda glad I waited a bit. I felt that I had gotten to be familiar with the car so that when I added the tune, I could "feel"/tell the subtle changes that the tune made...and then when I stepped up to the higher Stages...the changes weren't so subtle...they were pure "WOW"!!

Agreed for the tune Colin' date=' but for the warranty, all the claims would still have gone through even if the dealer knew the car had been tuned because all the problems of chrome peeling and brakes, etc. have nothing to do with the tunes. For a claim to be refused, a relation needs to be made that the tune was a cause of the problem... Just saying... But if a tranny was to be damaged, etc. that is the risk... But like I already said in another place, why wait until warranty is over before enjoying a tune? If you put a tune after warranty and the car brakes, you will still have to pay for repair... at least if it brakes under warranty, there is always a chance that the dealer can pass it under warranty... Beside, after about 300 cars that Livernois has tuned, there aren't any problems reported as of now... [b']I surely wouldn't want to wait 36K miles before enjoying the car for what it is capable of[/b]...

Yeah, but the powertrain warranty is 5 years/50,000 miles bud, not 3 years/36,000 miles.

Archived