Ecoboost Owner Forums

New boots arrived today!

32' date='500 miles. The fronts are worse then the rear tires, but all 4 have spider cracks all over the sidewalls. I just don't trust them with all the highway miles I drive. The Faulken are rated at 60K, but so were the Michelins I believe.[/quote']

Funny, mine also have spider cracks all over the sideways with less the 18K on them, I am going to try and get them replaced under warranty before the reach 20K miles. I have already discussed this with the dealer. Also I already know that Michelin sucks and does not honor their warranties, been there done that. I know if I have to purchase tires they will NOT EVER be Michelins...they suck as a company.

Hey Bob, if you like the Michelins that's fine, but hope you never have a problem with them, they just don't stand behind their warranty and really don't care about customer satisfaction...I really can't say anything positive about them. I had them on my F-150 and the Bridgestones I replaced them with were less expensive and better in every catagory. I just really can't find a reason to ever give them money again.

The only reason I purchased was the reviews on TireRack, and the fact that they are a new compound vs the Conti DW's I had before. I will say this, they RF balanced better than the Conti's which had to be RF balanced twice, and one tire 3 times over the first 5K.

They are much more responsive than the Conti's also. Ride different... smoother on relatively smooth surfaces, but you can feel sharp bumps more severely. Both brands are XL (extra load) tires and I have the air bags in rear pumped up to around 50 lbs.

In the size I purchased they were only about $40. a piece more. And... they are only 25 lbs a tire.

Doesn't Goodyear own Faulken? From what I have heard, they make good long lasting tires that are reasonably priced.

I don't have any experience with Faulken...nor have I heard anything either negative or positive about them. We have Goodyear Triple Aqua Tread on the Explorer and they seem to be holding up fairly well. Although my wife seems to think they do not do as well in wet or snow for traction as the Continentals we had before these.

Counterpoint: I have been buying Michelins for a long time and have always been pleased. I have tried many other brands, but never felt the ride and noise level was as good as the Michelins. I have never had a warranty claim, so I cannot speak to their customer service. I need to check on that cracking issue though. When I bought my CPO MKS in February with the optional 20s (245/45R/20) , they put on 4 new OEM Michelins (all season) Primacy MXV4. Is that what came stock on your 20" SHOs?

Well, my point (after being dissed by their warranty and customer service) is that I found other tires that are just as good..check that better then the Michelins for less money and without the attitude displayed by their employees. Hopefully you won't have a problem but these tires are overpriced and overrated....they will never see any of my money. And btw, I was a big Michelin fan before their poor attitude. I mean very poor, I contacted several times to voice my disappointment with product and service, and they never offered any type of solution, none...they only response was: "Sorry, sometimes we don't meet our customer's expectations." Basically they told me they don't care about unhappy customer, there's always someone else willing to purchase.

Unfortunately' date=' that attitude is alive and well in today's marketplace. If you've had it for a couple years (whatever it is)... the warranty becomes meaningless if the cost to fix is prohibitive.[/quote']

You're right Bob, we have seen that in the scuba industry too, so it isn't unique to the auto world. Luckily currently we deal with a few companies that are very good at honoring their lifetime warranties which makes doing business a bit easier. One last note, I am finished bashing Michelin, I've been negative enough so now I'm off my soapbox. lol

So my friends over a Faulken hooked me up with some new rubber for the SHO. My OEM Michelins have seen better days and it was time to replace. Hopefully will get them mounted tomorrow. Got a set of these...

Wanted to stick with All Seasons in case I need to run to Canuckville in winter....

http://www.falkentire.com/Tires/Azenis-PT722-A-S-22

Kudos for stepping up with the Falkens, RedCandy -- Hope you're happy with them and please let us know how they perform.

I've never had them but know of many who have and have been happy with them.

Cheers,

Colin

Kudos for stepping up with the Falkens, RedCandy -- Hope you're happy with them and please let us know how they perform.

I've never had them but know of many who have and have been happy with them.

Cheers,

Colin

I for one have had good luck with Falken tires. Good performance and long lasting.

The FK 452 Looks & seems nice....

I for one have had good luck with Falken tires. Good performance and long lasting.

The FK 452 Looks & seems nice....

I thought about the FK 452's, but they would not work well in snow if I had to make a run to the north country. They are being installed today so we will see how they work. Possible leaking turbo(s) also be looked at, so I may not be able to try them for a few days....

Well' date=' my point (after being dissed by their warranty and customer service) is that I found other tires that are just as good..check that better then the Michelins for less money and without the attitude displayed by their employees. Hopefully you won't have a problem but these tires are overpriced and overrated....they will never see any of my money. And btw, I was a big Michelin fan before their poor attitude. I mean very poor, I contacted several times to voice my disappointment with product and service, and they never offered any type of solution, none...they only response was: "Sorry, sometimes we don't meet our customer's expectations." Basically they told me they don't care about unhappy customer, there's always someone else willing to purchase.[/quote']

I totally understand and don't blame you.

I looked at used SHO's for over a year before I bought mine last month. Every, and I repeat Every one that I saw with the 20" michelins had badly cracked sidewalls, including mine. I hope that when I take it to the dealer they cover them under warranty, but there is most definitely a manufacturing defect with the michelins. Keep in mind I bought used so every car I went to look at was a 2010. Not sure if there was a bad batch that year, or if the problem continues on the 11's and 12's. Has anyone managed to get these replaced under warranty?

So I have been driving a few days on the new Falken's. They seem like great tires. At least the same ride quality and handling (maybe better in the handling) as the factory Michelins. Slight bit more road noise, but barely noticeable. I would highly recommend them for anyone not wanting to fork over $250+ a tire.

Good deal, I will also consider these...I can't wait to see what happens when I push the cracking issue with the Michelins as a warranty issue...I'm betting I will have to fight both Ford and Michelin to get anything...the service manager at my dealer has apparently had the same experience I have had with Michelin, he feels that they will not want to honor the warranty and will consider the cracking normal wear! I really, really will never purchase another Michelin tire!

I agree. I will never buy another set of Michelins. When removed' date=' mine were so badly cracked I would not trust them at all. I still had 1/4 of the tread left when I replaced them, but it was not worth risking a blow out.[/quote']

hmmmmm - might be well advised for us all to check their Michelins.

Thanks for letting us know.

C.

Archived