Ecoboost Owner Forums

Corsa Exhaust Demonstration

Here is a video of a Corsa Exhaust System we installed on a customer vehicle. We run the same system on our own 2010 SHO.

You know it's there when you're on the throttle, but like every Corsa system, it's silent when cruising, which means no annoying drone in the interior.

[video=youtube;37uJ2_QVAdo]

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc

Livernois Motorsports

post-34-142532292717_thumb.jpg

post-34-142532292721_thumb.jpg

post-34-142532292724_thumb.jpg

post-34-142532292727_thumb.jpg

post-34-142532292731_thumb.jpg

post-34-142532292717_thumb.jpg

post-34-142532292721_thumb.jpg

post-34-142532292724_thumb.jpg

post-34-142532292727_thumb.jpg

post-34-142532292731_thumb.jpg

We run Corsa exhaust on all of our shop vehicles and recommend their products highly to our customers!

Rick

You have any pull with those guys? I contacted them about an exhaust for the Flex and they said they basically didn't think there was enough demand. Stinks.....

You have any pull with those guys? I contacted them about an exhaust for the Flex and they said they basically didn't think there was enough demand. Stinks.....

We work closely with them and they've used our vehicles to develop systems in the past. We do have a Flex and when I asked about a system for it, they told me the same thing.

Rick

We work closely with them and they've used our vehicles to develop systems in the past. We do have a Flex and when I asked about a system for it, they told me the same thing.

Rick

Dang... Wonder what they'll think when we're all rocking the MRT stuff? :laugh:

Oh well, I get it, just don't agree. Glad there are some out there willing to take a little time and resources to get something out to us lame o's in the Flex's as well.

Dang... Wonder what they'll think when we're all rocking the MRT stuff? :laugh:

Oh well, I get it, just don't agree. Glad there are some out there willing to take a little time and resources to get something out to us lame o's in the Flex's as well.

I've found, especially in today's shaky economic times, that some after market companies are hesitant to 'pull the trigger' on new product due to a mere perception of demand, or lack there of.

I can't tell you how many times i've been able to demonstrate to these companies that their perceptions of lack of demand were jaded and that perhaps they should review & reevaluate them.

Perhaps compile your own list of interested parties and then suggest to each of them to contact w/e company/vendor in question, by any and ALL means of communication possible (phone, email, fax, snail mail, etc) and bombard them with explanations of product interest.

It is also helps to offer deposits up front as this may entice potential vendors to start the ball rolling on purchasing of supplies, complete any necessary R&D etc....

Just a suggestion as i've followed these same procedures and have pleasantly obtained successful results. It's all about networking and word of mouth now a days. Good luck and keep us posted :thumb:

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

Rick

Yep.... I talked with Jim at Corsa right after I got our Flex... Jim said I was only the 2nd person to ask about an exhaust for the Flex... So, no apparent demand...

I've found, especially in today's shaky economic times, that some after market companies are hesitant to 'pull the trigger' on new product due to a mere perception of demand, or lack there of.

I can't tell you how many times i've been able to demonstrate to these companies that their perceptions of lack of demand were jaded and that perhaps they should review & reevaluate them.

Perhaps compile your own list of interested parties and then suggest to each of them to contact w/e company/vendor in question, by any and ALL means of communication possible (phone, email, fax, snail mail, etc) and bombard them with explanations of product interest.

It is also helps to offer deposits up front as this may entice potential vendors to start the ball rolling on purchasing of supplies, complete any necessary R&D etc....

Just a suggestion as i've followed these same procedures and have pleasantly obtained successful results. It's all about networking and word of mouth now a days. Good luck and keep us posted :thumb:

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

That's why I love working with a small, personal company like MRT! Yes, MRT has a business plan... yes, i'm sure they follow the trends and all that other marketing stuff... BUT I think Scott from MRT is also willing to go out on a limb and risk developing a product for a niche market. The Flex is the perfect example! Scott is willing to develop my one off setup into a marketable axle-back kit even though I told him point blank that the market for the kit might be one possibly two guys! LOL! And while I have a working proto-type on my Flex, there is still quite a bit of work involved... tooling, jigs, etc.... all the stuff to turn it into a reproducible product...

At the end of the day, I don't think Scott is out to become fabulously wealth... I truly believe his mission is to help us have fun with our cars... even if it's just 3 guys and their Flexes (or is it Flexi? LOL)

Sorry for the thread jack... Love the Corsa... great product, great people... But I also understand they have to be a lot more careful on what vehicles they develop for!

• 2 weeks later...
Is this a complete bolt on that I can do in my garage' date=' or do you recommend having a professional install it?[/quote']

Its a snap Iowa, it only takes about hour. And a extra set of hands would be helpful, but the video's don't even do the system justice. The sound is very deep and throaty, under acceleration. At cruise it sound stock.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived