Ecoboost Owner Forums

MKS Engine Dress Up (inexpensive mod)

For those unaware, the MKS Eco engine cover is BORING. No Lincoln or MKS badging AT ALL under the hood - Nothing! At least you SHO guys have something on the engine cover. To that end, I picked up a new OEM "LINCOLN" badge (from an MKZ I think), on ebay. I cleaned the black cover a few times with rubbing alcohol, then applied. $10 mod including shipping, and it makes me happy. :RpS_smile:

engine.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys. I love simple cheap mods, like this and the 2013 vents for all the rest of you.

As to the pinstriping, looks great, did you paint? Vinyl?

Just realized I never answered your question...I used vinyl pinstripe from Advance Auto Parts. I used 1/4" and 1/2" silver striping. It took about two hours to get it all applied and smoothed to my liking, but I was pleased with how much it improved the look of the cover.

For those unaware, the MKS Eco engine cover is BORING. No Lincoln or MKS badging AT ALL under the hood - Nothing! At least you SHO guys have something on the engine cover. To that end, I picked up a new OEM "LINCOLN" badge (from an MKZ I think), on ebay. I cleaned the black cover a few times with rubbing alcohol, then applied. $10 mod including shipping, and it makes me happy. :RpS_smile:

engine.jpg

After much thought and contemplation..... I think you need to ADD.... "HOT ROD" above the Lincoln!!!!

Archived