Ecoboost Owner Forums

Daily Driver

Everyday, no special maintenance. But as my car is modded I will shorten the maintenance interval trans fluid and such, also as DI motors are notoriously for dirty intake system, deposits on valves etc. Due to no fuel passing over valve so fuel system additives will do nothing to clean them, your dealer can perform intake system clean or you can do yourself with a 3m fuel system cleaning kit.

Everyday' date=' no special maintenance. But as my car is modded I will shorten the maintenance interval trans fluid and such, also as DI motors are notoriously for dirty intake system, deposits on valves etc. Due to no fuel passing over valve so fuel system additives will do nothing to clean them, your dealer can perform intake system clean or you can do yourself with a 3m fuel system cleaning kit.[/quote']

GREEN LED - Valve Cleaning System Activated! (LOL)

[video=youtube;419kuyAnPgc]

Our Flex is the wife's DD... 36,000 miles in 10 months. So far so good... very regular oil changes... thinking might change the tranny fluid soon...

How many people drive there SHO as a daily driver? And is there and special maintance the ecoboost requires?

Mine is my daily driver, but since I am retired there are many days it doesn't get driven plus having 2 other vehicles, the SHO only gets driven when I want to take it out but it would be considered a daily driver.

Everyday' date=' no special maintenance. But as my car is modded I will shorten the maintenance interval trans fluid and such, also as DI motors are notoriously for dirty intake system, deposits on valves etc. Due to no fuel passing over valve so fuel system additives will do nothing to clean them, your dealer can perform intake system clean or you can do yourself with a 3m fuel system cleaning kit.[/quote']

Crash712us,

What are your maintenance intervals on your trans fluid and intake system cleaning?

Mel

Crash712us,

What are your maintenance intervals on your trans fluid and intake system cleaning?

Mel

I plan to cut transmission interval in half so at 30,000 with change fluid, and my plan was to do 3m fuel system treat every 15k. But since I am expecting my meth injection kit to arrive any day now, I will be cleaning my intake system daily.

i plan to cut transmission interval in half so at 30' date='000 with change fluid, and my plan was to do 3m fuel system treat every 15k. But since[b'] i am expecting my meth injection kit to arrive any day now, i will be cleaning my intake system daily.[/b]

woohoo!!!

My car is a daily driver....just turned 40,000 and the car has been tuned since 400. Had the BG fuel system cleaner at 15,000 and have been running methanol since last spring. Just drained the trans fluid tonight while installing the aux trans cooler. In addition, just changed out the brakes to EBC GD rotors and RedStuff pads. No real special maintainence except I would consider the BG or 3M fuel system cleaners because of the direct injection. Changed out plugs too, they looked fine though when I pulled them out.

Semi-Daily Driver (retired-not out every day). No track runs-lots of highway-free (toll) way runs to FL/NC/TN/OH. 37800 miles of which 20000 are mine (purchased used) in 18 months. Tuned. No Problems except for taillight chrome peel/BLIS TSB done/Tranny TSB done. Great boulevard cruiser/grocery getter.

While changing the tranny fluids' date=' how did everything look? I think you are definitely everyone's beacon of hope on the tranny holding power over the long term![/quote']

Forgot to answer this in the PM...the trans fluid looked great. I think the trans is a little more stout than given credit for

Archived