Ecoboost Owner Forums

1/8 times, anybody in or close to 7.X 1/8 mile?

Paulford8

So anyway my Coyote powered Mustang should* run pretty good but it is hot as hell in this weather and not as much fun to road trip as the SHO :RpS_thumbup:

Local car board has a monthly street car shootout at the 1/8. Just curious what it would take for me to compete in the "slow class" in the SHO. The fast class is low 7s, but the "slow class" is more of a real street with mostly high 7s. Anybody break into the 7s? with what mods? Havent seen many 1/8 times and the conversion charts/ equations dont match up to my time slips... My fastest 1/8 so far was 8.6 in HOT/HUMID air, before new springs.

Same group does have a street car shootout at the 1/4 which is 100 miles. Drivers must meet in the car they will race at an exit on the way, and drive there. No chance at this one either but I believe they have a plaque for fastest 4 door so you never know the SHO might bring something home!

My 1/8 mile runs are between 7.9 and 8.2 depending on the conditions. My best was 7.97 at about 90mph+ but the weather was in the 80'S with a side-front wind... When I went to Detroit, with temperatures in the 100'S F, the car was around 8.25. My feeling is that in better conditions (tailwind and in the 40's), the car should be around 7.80-7.85 area... I use the

http://www.eldemoniorojo.com/calculator.htm

conversion table for 1/8 to 1/4 and it is always very accurate (within 0.05 seconds accuracy!).

If I remember (and Darrell can confirm), Darell ran a best of high 7.7's when he did his 12.13 at 117mph... But in Detroit, on that same day, he was running about 0.1 second faster than Mike and I... He had a best of 12.65, while Mike and I both had a best of 12.79... The trap speed were not as good neither at 105-108mph instead of 112-117mph in better conditions.

Hopefully some of the faster guys can chime in. Fastest 1/8th time I ever ran was a 8.3

Maybe 7's with meth?

Dont I have a similar mod list to you now? I would take an 8.3 as she shits, only difference now then when I ran an 8.603 is the springs, but that was at 87 degrees.

My 1/8 mile runs are between 7.9 and 8.2 depending on the conditions. My best was 7.97 at about 90mph+ but the weather was in the 80'S with a side-front wind... When I went to Detroit, with temperatures in the 100'S F, the car was around 8.25. My feeling is that in better conditions (tailwind and in the 40's), the car should be around 7.80-7.85 area... I use the

http://www.eldemoniorojo.com/calculator.htm

conversion table for 1/8 to 1/4 and it is always very accurate (within 0.05 seconds accuracy!).

I am doing spring 2013 daydreaming now, plan to install the methanol injection late winter/early spring and drive up to Livernois for a custom tune. Also since I went with Magnaflow I am having a local exhaust guy replace that 3rd cat with an X pipe. Hopefully that gets me similar numbers to you, will be interested to see what you do in cold air.

That table is closer then some but still off from me. My best run was 13.337 1/4 and 8.603 1/8 that table says 13.4 / 8.55 which is just about .05. Everyone I have tried has my 1/8 faster then reality..... The springs should help my 60' and 1/8 so we will see what happens next time.

If I remember (and Darrell can confirm)' date=' Darell ran a best of high 7.7's when he did his 12.13 at 117mph... But in Detroit, on that same day, he was running about 0.1 second faster than Mike and I... He had a best of 12.65, while Mike and I both had a best of 12.79... The trap speed were not as good neither at 105-108mph instead of 112-117mph in better conditions.[/quote']

I havent seen anybody match Darrell's best time so I dont believe I will see 7.7s in her. That said based off what you guys have ran with methanol and good tires I think 7.9 for sure, maybe 7.8

At these shootouts it is whoever shows up..... Could be a 7.6 in the "slow class" or they could all be 7.8-7.9 just depends. I wont try with the SHO this year, but after some winter work she will be a contender. May try my Stang but it doesnt have a roll bar. One guy said 7.63 and another 7.50 at this track. Possible the stang will be kicked out.

8.2's on my car too....

But as Steve said, the temps were over 100 degrees at the track that day.

Certainly not ideal conditions by any means.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Mike I would expect you to be high 7's easy in better air. I am not a racing vet but I bet 100' would put 1/4 times .4+ off of what the car could pull in good air.

Archived