Ecoboost Owner Forums

SHOs at the doctor

So I took my 2010 SHO in for my 30k service and to address some issues with the tail lights peeling and water in the led park lights. Turns out that there were a few other issues that they found. The front turbo was leaking oil like a mofo and an axle shaft seal was busted and leaking fluid. Ooops. So I put the stock tune back in the car and took it in to get fixed. Waiting to hear back more. I will keep everyone updated. My mods are airaid cai, stage 2 tune, magnaflow catback and H&Rs. I tracked the car maybe 10 times. Wonder if that caused the problems or if they were pre existing and that made them worse. Anyone else see had issues with this?

If your mods caused the problem then eveyone else who has tracked their car 10 times and have the same mods as you should have leaky turbo seals and a leaking shaft seal. :)

Those kinds of parts are made a bought in ginormous quantities. Sometimes install or spec. just aren't right from the get go and they leak. Based on all the stuff Ford put those engines through I'd say no way. Maybe the axle seal if there was LOTS of wheel hop on launch.

A service person, at least a COMPANY guy is going to say tinted windows caused your turbo seal issue if they could get by with it. Really it's just going to depend on your dealer and service reps. the amount of headache you have or don't have.

There is a TSB on turbo.

It is a known issue for the gasket to leak and/or fail on the return oil tube.

I don't have the TSB # off hand, but your dealer should be able to pull it up in their database w/o any issues.

As far as the other problem your experiencing, idk :noidea:

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

Did you have any signs of these leaks on your garage floor or driveway? Have you been checking your oil regularly and noticed any drop on the dipstick?

I'm willing to guess that if he was checking (the floor of his garage etc.) That any indications of fluid leaks would've been partially, or entirely disguised by that large plastic under belly pan/cover.

Hell it's almost entirely blanketed & even heat shielded / foiled in spots.

By design, i'm betting it absorbed w/e fluids were leaking & prevented the obvious signs / indicators.

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

No noticeable drips on the pavement where she sleeps and no noises or driveablilty issues. My Ford dealership is pretty chill. I've known all the service guys and managers for about 10 years now and they work with me all the time. I bought the car pre owned from Ford and got a great deal because it was a company executive vehicle for about 25k mi. It was one of the first produced so maybe they didn't get all the bugs worked out. Maybe this was what was keeping me from getting in the 12's. Lol.

I am interested to hear how this turns out for you...can't imagine there would be a problem. My dealership did my last oil change and if there would have been any problems with leakage, I'm betting they would have fixed it...since they know how much I hate any problems. Good luck with the repairs, keep us updated.

Complete turbo replacement huh?

Nice. Did they actually have a reason to replace the entire turbo? In other words, was there something else wrong that was causing the oil leak (outside of the return tube gasket)?

For the benefit of the community, if a TSB applies to the entire turbo replacement, would you be so kind as to ask your service reps what that applicable TSB number is and then post that here? I'm sure others visiting the site would be appreciative, whether they're affected by it, or not.

Thanks in advance :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a comment about that pan under the engine. Took mine in for service a few weeks back, and the guy calls me back to tell me I have an oil leak. I tell him no way, no drips on the driveway. He explained to me the pan and now I get it ;-). So yes, they absolutely put that pan under there to disguise minor fluid leaks hehe.

Archived