Ecoboost Owner Forums

Service AdvanceTrak?? After H&R Spring install

So I got my H&R's put on my 2013 SHO on Wednesday and all was well until this morning. I was driving in and a warning in the left screen came on saying "Service AdvanceTrak." :doh: Now the orange "traction control" light is illuminated.

I searched this forum and didn't see anything, so my bad if this has already been discussed. Seems to be a pretty common issue with some of the trucks and even mustangs. Seeing a lot of different responses to the issue. Some are saying its a brake sensor, others saying its a mis-coding in the abs system. Just curious if anyone had run into this and perhaps knew what it was. I've got a great relationship with the dealer so I doubt they will give me too much fuss about the aftermarket springs but I was hoping to have the knowledge before I go there.

Any help would be appreciated!

I've had the Service AdvanceTrac warning come up on multiple cars over the years. When I shut the car off and restarted it, it went away. In fact, I had the light pop up on my SHO about 1 week after I bought the car. Haven't seen it since (10 weeks now). So, I don't think it's a problem with the spring install. If you're worried about it, I would have it checked out by the dealer.

I've had the Service AdvanceTrac warning come up on multiple cars over the years. When I shut the car off and restarted it' date=' it went away. In fact, I had the light pop up on my SHO about 1 week after I bought the car. Haven't seen it since (10 weeks now). So, I don't think it's a problem with the spring install. If you're worried about it, I would have it checked out by the dealer.[/quote']

Had it com 3 times at the BIR Drag track after day of racing around the road coarse. Each time I sut car off it would go away havenet had it since.

So when I went to drive to my meeting 45 miles round trip the light was off when I started the car and it didn't return. I was just worried since I literally just did the springs on Wednesday. There are a lot of people saying it comes and goes with a random sprinkling of people needing to replace a speed sensor.

I've never personally had any issues with my H&R's, nor have I ever heard of any other H&R user's having problems either.

I think your experience with the AdvanceTrak & ABS issue(s) are completely separate and just coincidental as far as timing.

Simply installing springs will not have any adverse effect on either of these systems.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I've never personally had any issues with my H&R's, nor have I ever heard of any other H&R user's having problems either.

I think your experience with the AdvanceTrak & ABS issue(s) are completely separate and just coincidental as far as timing.

Simply installing springs will not have any adverse effect on either of these systems.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I'm inclined to agree with you.. Driven my car a lot today and the warning hasn't returned. More research I've done it seems like this is a really common deal out there. I'll pull the wheels off and check the sensors to see if there is anything obvious.

Guest 4DRHTRD

I had this happen on my old Flex EB, it also started locking the front right wheel, took it in and they had to replace a sensor in the steering column.

Archived