Ecoboost Owner Forums

Engine Break in?

Not really, I would take it a bit easy for the first 100 miles or so, but then drive it like you normally would drive. It is more important to give the brakes about a 500 mile break-in before really hammering them. Good luck, be sure to post up some photos of the SHO!

I agree with Mark, take it easy 1st hundred Miles. Not to say you can open it up, I was always told to vary engine speed and load. You don't want it to sit idling for long times nor continuos freeway driving for extend periods of time. And I would change the oil out after a thousand miles. No a days cars don't need the breakin they use to, but a little add measure can't hurt.

Ran it like I drive it since 8 miles. I know the debate is like arguing religion but that's how I have done with all my vehicles and toys. There is evidence for and against this method read up and choose. Good luck and have fun it's a great ride.

This is a great argument for....

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I've been following the advice in your link for a the last few vehicles... so far so good!

That would be horrible... they keep "re-releasing" it what ever that means... the delivery date still shows 8/30??

One thing for sure.. If we missed a due date to Ford on a Radiator or HVAC.. (products we make at the DENSO plant I work in).. there would be hell to pay... countermeasure reports.. financial penalty if it caused line down etc... Ouch...

• 3 years later...

Archived