Ecoboost Owner Forums

The SHO could NOT go on!

I have no idea what went wrong, but my wife was in the car for only 45 min and decided to get gas, and just then the car started shaking and barely pulled away from the fuel island only to stop running once she parked it out of the way able to be towed because she knew it was dead.

I managed to secure a rental and a tow to the nearest Ford dealer in the nick of time and she got home 2 hours later. The only hint I have is that the tow driver said he smelled gasoline around the rear drivers side wheel. Anyone have some Ideas as to what went wrong??? The engine symbol lit up before it died. :Cry:

PS 2010 SHO built 9-09 or so.

I filled up here in SW Chgo area with the local Shell Premium fuel and my wife went 150 miles up and 75 back before she decided to fuel it and she's lucky she picked that spot. It only made it to the side of the building and she knew it was gonna be towed. I sat on the phone with her and using my tuner trying to pull a code but nothing popped up. Me wonders.

PS, I already checked their stock because I hoping that they have a 2013 Mustang GT with a drag pack and an automatic because if so that SHO will be OVER!!!!! But NO, so I'm hoping there's a demo or one on the way....She'll kill me if I get a 6 speed so I can't. I already tried that with a Shelby and she never tried to drive it, and she loves this Taurus, well who wouldn't but "I" want another Stang....wish me luck.

So, it's an injector, number 2 and it's being fixed right now, does anyone have any comments to share about the potential for internal damage? The dealer rep asked, and my wife claims that during the last 1/2 mile to the gas station while she was slowing down from 70mph is when it happened and all it did was limp to the pump and then to the side of the building, and then after we tried to pull codes, ( hint hint) it wouldn't start.

Does anyone know if that was enough to cause trouble???

I picked up my car and it's just fine. New oil, air, and cabin filters and a new injector. I had a 2010 Chrysler Sebring 4 door base model 4 cyl., which at first I thought was a POS, but as I used it I came to appreciate it for being pretty good car. I was nice to check out a smaller bare bones 4 door sedan that makes my Taurus feel like a much bigger car and with so many options I have to say I sure am glad I bought this car. It is one fine ass ride.

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. FWIW, FORD really did this right from start to finish, but I still want a new Mustang.....I can't help it, as fine as an SHO is, "Oh Baby I want that Car"....LMAO!!!!

I kept my Shelby and still got the SHO

Do you drive it or garage it? I rocked 19m miles on to mine and not 1 week went by that someone didn't tell me how fine that car was. 6-09 to 5-2011. I miss that car. I only had a pulley and a tune but 630HP is ANOTHER WORLD.....As much as I like this car I would just as soon drop a brick onto the gas peddle and send it off a bridge....LOL...

Archived