Ecoboost Owner Forums

Finally broke into the 13's!

Guest 4DRHTRD

Guest 4DRHTRD

I have been running 14.0X stock and with various tunes from Torrie for the last few months. It's hot as heck out here and our gas is summer blend which is weak sauce. To remedy the scenario I found some 100 Octane right next to Firebird to add to the mix. Torrie sent me a 93 octane tune and I finally did it. First pass was 14.006@100MPH with a 2.1 60' with 30lbs in the front tires. Next pass had to wait for an hour+ as somebody soaked the track. I left the hood open and dropped my starting RPM from 2K to 1200 and got a 2.0 60' and a 13.91@99.9 MPH. Next week I'll go back with the same scenario and cool down the IAT as I just read from Scrming.

If I can get some traction I can run some mid 13's in the heat!

:)

I know the feeling of breaking a new low... However, even with the heat, your times seem slow... Ok for 14 flat stock, but 13.9 with a 93 tune? I would have expected at least mid 13's...

Make sure to remove weight next time (low fuel, no spare tire, etc.); every 100 lbs is about 0.1 sec and 1 mph.

Also, try to put ice on intake for one hour before your run and try 2 runs in a row. Remove your engine cover.

Does the track apply glue? Did you have a face wind? Etc.

Do you have any other mod beside the tune?

Try to go at the end of the day when cooler, every 10F degrees is about 0.1 sec and 1mph.

Looking forward to seeing you improving your times!

Cheers!

Guest 4DRHTRD
I know the feeling of breaking a new low... However, even with the heat, your times seem slow... Ok for 14 flat stock, but 13.9 with a 93 tune? I would have expected at least mid 13's...

Make sure to remove weight next time (low fuel, no spare tire, etc.); every 100 lbs is about 0.1 sec and 1 mph.

Also, try to put ice on intake for one hour before your run and try 2 runs in a row. Remove your engine cover.

Does the track apply glue? Did you have a face wind? Etc.

Do you have any other mod beside the tune?

Try to go at the end of the day when cooler, every 10F degrees is about 0.1 sec and 1mph.

Looking forward to seeing you improving your times!

Cheers!

Steve it was over 100F at 10:30 at night and around 35% humidity. The DA that night was around 4000', our air is HORRIBLE here, the only place worse close by is LVMS...

http://airdensityonline.com/results/?trackname=Firebird%20International%20Raceway

I took out the spare, the track was prepped OK, it is Firebird so nothing is ever awesome, engine cover was off, less than a 1/4 tank of gas 100/91 mix. (4 gallons 100 Octane). I will definitely ice the intake next time and hope that helps out.

To give you a comparison a stock Jeep SRT8 went 14.30 vs my 14.08 last week, that truck should run mid/low 13's without flinching but not here.... :)

The MPH is there definitely for mid 13's it's all about the 60' right now.

The only mod is a tune right now, I'm looking at doing some boost activated cutouts soon. Due to our gas I'm going to be stuck with a mix of race gas and 91 octane here.

I'll keep working on it and waiting for it to cool off.

HI 4DRHTRD I know how the heat beats you times up. Stock last yr I ran 13.7 @102mph & 95deg. This yr w/LIVERNOIS TUNE AIRAID CAI I ran 13.141sec @ 104mph at 97deg, A mounth later at 95deg a 13.045sec @104.9mph. It'S 12sec OR BUST in NOV. (the last track day) after it get cooler here. Good luck to you too.

Archived