Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 SHO w/ PP Wheel Replacements

I was wondering if anyone has determined wheel requirements for the 2013 SHO w/ PP. I am looking to obtain another set of wheels and winter tires for the winter months, hoping I can go with like an 18" or even smaller wheel to save some money. I think I read somewhere there were some caliper clearance issues, so I wanted to make sure I am looking for the right thing.

show the SHO

:lol:

Seriously, winter tires are mandatory in Quebec, so I am in the same boat here. Went at a local tire seller at lunch time and he couldn't tell fitment or prices yet.

20 inches winter tire on OEM wheels and put back OEM summer tires on aftermarket wheels next spring (+3k$)

or

18-19 winter rims and tires and keep the current set as it is (+/- 2k$)

If your intended purpose is simply to use an extra set of rims, along with a dedicated winter only tire.... (for the winter months only)

Have any of you lent any thought to just picking up the Police Pkg set of steelies for the Taurus?

Or maybe someone inquire with their local delaership's parts dept. about what the size/widths may be for the Police Pkg steelies alone?

May just be an idea for those worrying about clearance issues with the brake calipers, etc.

Just a thought :noidea:

Yeah they don't even show the SHO as an option for 2013' date=' only the Limited and SEL trims.[/quote']

I would call or e-mail Mason@tirerack.com Mason Rush is who I have used for several years for my TireRack purchases. He helped me with my ASA wheels for Flex, which came off the Mustang listings.

The TireRack engineers actually checked clearance with 2010 Flex brake calipers per Ford Specs, for him to verify fitment. Not sure if 2013 SHO has floating calipers like my 2010 Flex, on which clearance increases as brakes wear.

I realize your brake system is larger than mine as SHO PP has the police package brakes. You might also check TSW website for fitment on their wheels with 2013. I also have a set of 18" TSW Interlagos which have massive amounts of clearance between wheel spokes and calipers. That's because they are 32 offset on 18" x 9". However, they are around $275. per wheel due to rotoforged design and light 18 lbs weight.

Good Luck.

I've considered buying some Interceptor wheels for snow tires, but I'm afraid that buying anything from a Ford dealer will be overpriced, and in particular, if I buy some steel interceptor wheels from a Ford dealer, it'll probably be more expensive than something halfway sporty looking from Tirerack or another reputable online dealer.

I plan to visit the dealer in the next couple weeks to have them look at and possibly fix some Sync issues, so I'll ask then.

• 1 month later...
I have 17's won't work but 18's will I have them sitting at work. Bought them from tire rack around 1500$ shipped. Should have my car back this week so I can put them on. Hate to say 100% they fit until I put them on. I will update in the next couple of days with size and photos.

Any update?

• 1 month later...

I originally bought 20in winter tires November 9th from 1010tires.com with my credit card but they use PayPal as a "facilitator". PayPal has been a PITA to deal with on this transaction (first time I am having issues buying online with or without PayPal). Yesterday, PayPal told me they refund my credit card and cancel my order!

So I did some research and I found a sweat deal on kxwheels.com for 19in + winter tires + TPMS + nuts + mount/balance for the same price has the 20in tires alone. I should received them in a week or so. I will post pictures. Katana GTM 19x8.5 black with machined face with Pirelli ice and snow 245/50R19.

With yesterday wife incident, TSW nurburgring will have to wait spring 2014 :(

Tirerack seems to have come through! After talking with them, I picked up some Michelin iX2 winter tires on some moda 18" wheels. Mounted them today, no clearance issues with the front calipers (plenty of room) drove to the local convenience store... Paid the extra $150 for the TPMS sensors, and a wall rack to store the summer tires. Just under $1600 for everything when I was done. Pictures coming tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Katana GTM black/machined, 19x8.5, +35mm offset, 71.3mm center bore

Pirelli scorpion ice and snow, 245/50R19

1234984D-FAA0-49FE-A5EC-A6CFCE01F326-5409-000004154B8CA775.jpg

8BB473EA-0D03-46FC-B31F-042C52562852-5409-000004155531C611.jpg

12D35CC4-90BB-4B99-99C2-37F2A99FA172-5409-0000041559BB5771.jpg

Trying to show the depth of the wheel:

C6C942BC-F225-4E66-9D6B-2F0CEDEC1B26-5409-000004155E525E4A.jpg

The package came with nuts, nut boxe, centering rings and TPMS installed. CA$2000 delivered taxes included. I am super happy!

Archived