Ecoboost Owner Forums

Where does everyone stick there phone when driving the car?

^"THEIR"^

When ever I get into a car, i dont like to have anything in my pockets. I take my wallet out and put it in the console.

I have the 2013 SHO, and an iPhone. I am struggeling with a natural place to stick the phone while driving. In my volvo I had a center stack mounted holder. in the SHO, currently, i stick it in the cup holder next to the shifter, but it's like playing tetris to get the cover to close. And worse if the usb cable is plugged in.

The cnter console just feal awkward and too out of the way.

Maybe I am over thinking it. Anyone have any ideas?

I first because I don't want anyone drinking in the car' date=' QUOTE']

If the cup holders work, i have no prolem with drinks in the car. We are always on road trips. My wife and kids would kill me if I implemented a no drink policy. But i do like the door bottle holders for when drinking out of bottles not cups.

I first because I don't want anyone drinking in the car' date=' QUOTE']

If the cup holders work, i have no problem with drinks in the car. We are always on road trips. My wife and kids would kill me if I implemented a no drink policy. But i do like the door bottle holders for when drinking out of bottles not cups.

No problem if you let people drink in your car, but not happening in mine, we have 2 other vehicles and if they need to drink that bad, we can take a different vehicle. I really don't like food or drink in the car, but I am not totally 100% strict on that, I will allow it occasionally, but I don't want it to be expected. Besides, when both wife and son pulled the: "It's just a car!" line on me, it gives a great reason to not take the SHO, heck, "It's just a car" we can take one of the other cars!:heh:

I use one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Tetrax-72016-Smartphone-Magnetic-Airvent/dp/B0030IMXHM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346884373&sr=8-1&keywords=tetrax+xway

Works really well if you go with their iPhone case with the built in steel mounting disc. I didn't like it block the vent, so I stuck a mount they included just below the Start Button. Hold the phone perfect.

Lift up the center arm rest and under it there are 4 places with clips to put your phone into I just seen it yesterday. My bad I read it wrong its for pens and lip balm :frown:.

I dont let anyone eat or drink in any of the cars we have. If you need to do that than we pull over must be time for a pee stop anyways

BTW, for your health, it is not too good to keep your phones in your pockets because of the waves... At least, keep it with front screen facing your leg as the reception is made from the back (referring to iphone). The same logic that applies to not talking too often and for too long with your cell touching your ear... Not too good in the long run!

At least with bluetooth in our car, it is less of a concern...

I have a cover for my iphone that grips and I can leave it on the "lid" of the cup holder right next to the shifter.

Cherrs!

Archived