Ecoboost Owner Forums

Issues with MyCal device? Post here.

stixx2002

Hi all - to help the guys at Livernois diagnose various issues customers may be facing, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread consolidating everything for easy reference.

I have a 2013 SHO and have been having an issue getting a "clean" upload using the MyCal device. The device continues in an infinite loop when trying to upload a tune. For example, the device will tell you to turn your car to "on", load the tune, turn the ignition "off" and then the process repeats itself. Livernois has confirmed that the device should provide a "tune complete" type of message and not continually loop like it does. I have simply unplugged the device when I reach the "turn your ignition off" stage, but that's certainly not the best solution. My assumption is that the tune does load because I can certainly feel firmer shifts, but on the other hand I really don't feel a huge "seat of your pants" difference.

They are working on getting us a fix. Any other issues out there?

With 4+, you should feel a seat of the pants difference under hard acceleration. My car really "woke up" under hard acceleration. Like chirping tires from a rolling start or hitting second gear when I could not get chirps before even from a dead stop. Which leads me to think that possibly, it (your tune) has not actually fully loaded.....

With 4+' date=' you should feel a seat of the pants difference under hard acceleration. My car really "woke up" under hard acceleration. Like chirping tires from a rolling start or hitting second gear when I could not get chirps before even from a dead stop. Which leads me to think that possibly, it (your tune) has not actually fully loaded.....[/quote']

Actually for the 2013's, there are no "stages". One tune and one tune only.

Stixx,

When you are prompted to turn the ignition off is there an "OK" button to tap? I have a 2010 SHO and if I'm not mistaken the tune will load and when it's complete it says to turn off the vehicle for 10 seconds. On that screen there is also an "OK" button. I hit that button turn off the ignition and unplug the ODBII cable. Start the vehicle and then plug it back in. Also, you can check which tune is loaded on your vehicle by selecting Tuning --> Vehicle Info (your vehicle must be running or On). Look for what it says under "Tune" on that screen. It should look something like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]993[/ATTACH]

Blaine

post-288-142532288114_thumb.jpg

post-288-142532288114_thumb.jpg

Stixx,

When you are prompted to turn the ignition off is there an "OK" button to tap? I have a 2010 SHO and if I'm not mistaken the tune will load and when it's complete it says to turn off the vehicle for 10 seconds. On that screen there is also an "OK" button. I hit that button turn off the ignition and unplug the ODBII cable. Start the vehicle and then plug it back in. Also, you can check which tune is loaded on your vehicle by selecting Tuning --> Vehicle Info (your vehicle must be running or On). Look for what it says under "Tune" on that screen. It should look something like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]993[/ATTACH]

Blaine

My device looks quite a bit different than yours, but the issue I am having is apparently a known bug that Livernois is working with AIW to resolve. I do have a "Y" (yes) button that I would select similar to your "OK" button, but the tune process starts right back up again.

Keep working on the tune until it says successfully tuned otherwise its not really installed. You will know when the tune is on and working because its night and day difference. Slap that puppy in manual hit the paddle to turn on shifting and if it shifts automatically in 1st and 2nd its not working. I also spin my tires now in 1st and chirp second. It just about 50HP that is a noticeable difference. The tuner is damn frustrating it takes forever especially when its looping. Look at a few of my pointers I posted. If the blind spot indicators both light up during the upload you should be good to go. I wish I had the exact method like rubbing your belly and patting your head while its uploading but its just dumb luck. I'm not sending my tune back with the car stock so I hope they can send out a fix! Best money I spent on the car so far.

I spoke to AIW and they cannot duplicate the issue on a bench test and are trying to get a car in the shop to see if they can duplicate the issue a few customers have had. We do apologize for the inconvenience. I've flashed roughly 20 cars here and have never had the issue and we've flashed our own car probably 100 times. They think it may have to do with the two modes in the push button start. I did sell a device for a 2013 Flex today and will be curious to see if there is an issue with that since it has an actual key.

The thing that is odd to me is, we've sold several and most work flawlessly, while there are 3 or 4 customers having issues.

We are working on a solution and will post in here and let all customers know what the resolution is ASAP.

Thank you,

Rick

I finally took some time at lunch and updated the tuner and re-program the car with LMS 91 performance tune. It was successful at first attempt and everything went smooth. 20 minutes from opening the box to flooring the throttle.

That's great to hear! Enjoy!

As far as AIW obtaining a car, they called today to let me know they have a 2013 and are trying to duplicate the issues a few others have had. As soon as I hear back from them, I will post their findings.

-Rick

That's great to hear! Enjoy!

As far as AIW obtaining a car, they called today to let me know they have a 2013 and are trying to duplicate the issues a few others have had. As soon as I hear back from them, I will post their findings.

-Rick

I am sure this would not be necessary, but I am more than happy to donate my car for a week or so if they are willing to pay for transportation.

I am sure this would not be necessary' date=' but I am more than happy to donate my car for a week or so if they are willing to pay for transportation.[/quote']

That is very nice of you!

They got a car today and could duplicate the issue when the car was not in the correct ignition mode for programming. The fist click of the ignition will say accessory mode active and the PCM is active, but you must click it a second time to be in the correct mode for programming. When in the correct mode, the dash will be lit and the gauges will be on. When flashing the vehicle, it is normal if it has active cruise for the red light to come on, along with the defroster and rain sensing wipers (unless they are shut off). Please try this and let me know either way if it works or not.

Thank you,

Rick

That is very nice of you!

They got a car today and could duplicate the issue when the car was not in the correct ignition mode for programming. The fist click of the ignition will say accessory mode active and the PCM is active, but you must click it a second time to be in the correct mode for programming. When in the correct mode, the dash will be lit and the gauges will be on. When flashing the vehicle, it is normal if it has active cruise for the red light to come on, along with the defroster and rain sensing wipers (unless they are shut off). Please try this and let me know either way if it works or not.

Thank you,

Rick

I definitely did try to program the PCM with only one button press initially, but I did figure out that I had to press it twice on subsequent attempts. I will try it again, but I am 99.9% sure that even when hitting the button twice, that I stay in the tune "loop".

Archived