Ecoboost Owner Forums

Couple problems...

So I noticed the car stuttered to turn on...and finally last night the battery gave up...hmm taking it in to get the battery checked and charged and see if it is still okay and if not I will be buying a brand new battery...any advice on a battery choice?

Also is this common or is it just me that has like a downshift problem...does a hard shift when slowing down...Also at times the trans shifts a little hard during normal driving with a kick at a certain mph...

Last does the full warranty cover exterior chipping from non rock damage (It's on the tail lights) on the chrome trim...I didn't mind because I wanted to Plasti-Dip some stuff but if they will replace it all the better!

A little background on the car is I bought it used in March on a great deal...so the other case is it too long to go into Ford and complain? I have an Airaid on the car but that would be easy to take off before I go in to have them check it out...especially before I buy the tuner and start modding...:RpS_thumbup:

I had several exterior pieces replaced under warranty. They are on the infamous "call first list" but my dealer took care of it no problem.

I agree with tss. I have purchased batteries from farm supply or autozone and had them only last 2-3 years sometimes less. I have since switched to Interstate and they last more like 6-7 years.

My battery gave up last month. It was replaced under warranty. Tail light chrome flaking also covered when I first got the car....

Perfect I will be taking it in for all the following as I do have all the warranties and options...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

the brake lights chrome flaking is almost a given and automatic it seems, but is covered ONLY in the 3 year 36k brand new car warranty, it is not covered in the extended top notch( which is a joke with ford) ford extended warranty, this i know for a fact and speaking from experience, but it depends some dealerships will work with you on the brake lights and cover it or help you out, but it is not under extended warranty, on the battery i have a 2010 40k miles on it and i left the radio on and does open about 20 mins as i was cleaning it and it wouldnt start and battery died so i needed a jump, factory batteries i heard could only last 3-4 years, and i need to get a battery myself just to make sure as id rather prepare and get it done now before winter and i have that issue, but all the higher brand name batteries listed here i have heard is good as im looking for a good strong battery like you so its something that u dont need to worry or think about after being installed. good luck keep up posted and i look forward to hearing what brand names or types of batteries are best and which one you get and pricing also on these batteries guys if you can list names n prices, thanks guys

My transmission just started doing exactly what yours is doing. I've been meaning to take it into the dealership to get it looked at but haven't had time (and it's not bad enough that it NEEDS to be fixed, yet). My biggest problem/annoyance is before when I would give it even a little throttle cruising at a constant speed, it would downshift 2 gears and take off. Now it only downshifts 1 at first then stutters for a second or 2 to get the second one. It is also downshifting much harder when slowing down and causes the car to shake a little bit sometimes. Please post back here if/when you get it looked at.

well idk if different states or dealerships follow different rules or guidlines, but like i said as for the chrome peeling brake lights they are NOT covered by the extended warranty as i just had this issue taken care of and done a month ago when i had 37k miles on my car and the best full ford extended warranty they have, but like i said the service manager after showing me and telling me its not covered on the extended warranty but he was willing to work with me and said he has a monthly allowance to work with customers so i had to wait till the following month but we worked something out. so hopefully ur under the original warranty so its def. covered or you have a cool service manager willing to help/work it out with you, hope this helps

I have never even looked closely' date=' even though I know it is the second battery, I assumed these were sealed tops. I need to check on that........[/quote']

Yeah, I need to check mine, remember only use distilled water if you are adding to the battery. But I agree, there's nothing like the Optima Batteries. Although they are not inexpensive.

Yeah' date=' I need to check mine, remember only use distilled water if you are adding to the battery. But I agree, there's nothing like the Optima Batteries. Although they are not inexpensive.[/quote']

Right, distilled water, thanks for the reminder! I got a pretty good deal on a Red Top Optima from Advance Auto Parts online last year for my 09 Impala SS. I think it was about 140 bucks, delivered to my office, then I took it down to a local Advance store with the online receipt, and they installed it (no charge). A good way to go if you are replacing a battery before you actually NEED one. If you need one, like today, online won't really work. LOL.

I hear you ^^^, but the battery in the SS was unbelievably difficult to change, seriously. Plus it was sub zero out so i let them spend an hour scraping up their hands in the bitter cold. MKS looks simple. I checked the water level and it looked ok, just added a tad to each cell.

Understand your reasoning, and can't blame you. I had a similiar experience with a flat tire in January during a slush storm. Stopped at a gas station and found tire almost flat. Luckily I was only a block from a Ford dealer and they changed the tire, since I was still in duty uniform on my way home. It turned into a nightmare. I had a lock on the spare tire crank and when they put the "key" on the crank it fell off on top of the spare tire which was tight against the frame...it took them over an hour to get the spare tire down because their master sets of keys did not include mine!!! To top it off, they refused to charge me for the service and help. Needless to say, the mechanic who actually did the work did get tipped very well!

With all this talk of batteries going bad mine must have felt left out and decided to take a crap. Out of the B2B warranty I grabbed up a dura last battery. Come with a 3 year full replacement warranty. I do a lot of starting and stoping and a averaged a battery every year and a half in my last car. Looks like I'll have the same issue with this car.

Archived