Ecoboost Owner Forums

Another trophy & another BEST!

Scrming

Fun day out at Lapeer!!! DA was slightly better today... cooler BUT low barometric pressure... and no headwind! I'm car 204:

1283.jpg

I also brought home some more hardware!!! I won the Trophy Bracket 2 (8.00 or slower 1/8 mile) and then I went on to beat the Trophy Bracket 1 (7.99 or faster) winner, making me TOP ELIMINATOR for the day!! (i think that get's me in the door for FREE next week!)

trophy4.jpg

So now I have FOUR trophies on the mantel!! So not only am i the FASTEST FLEX, i think that makes me the most WINNING FLEX! ;)

How did you win that with a .431 RT vs .022 did he break out or was just way off his called time?

That's was during the 1/4 mile Test and Tune... they have a couple hours of that, and then they move to 1/8th mile eliminations... During eliminations my RTs were .030, .066, .063, .034, .064 and .032.

You are a machine John!

Good job!

Any footage?

Thanks!

I usually don't run the video during eliminations... however i did get a little clip against a track newbie and his new 5.0... LOL! He was a good sport about it! Tried to run his buddy with the BOSS 302, but he wouldn't line up... would have been a good match up... he was running 12.8s...

Scrming, YOU ARE A BAD MAN!!!!!!! And if you don't stop making statment like this one "So now I have FOUR trophies on the mantel!! So not only am i the FASTEST FLEX, i think that makes me the most WINNING FLEX! " ECOBRICK BOB will never talk to us again. It's bad that your "LITTLE RED WAGON":first: is faster than BOB's "RED ROCKET WAGON" But to rub it in his face OH THAT HURTS.:fencing:LOL Congrats My friend. PS You and I look a lot of like, the same amount of gray in our beard, we fill the driver seat the same but I have a better sun tan.LOL You make us old guy look cool.

John is not old... Grey beard but in his 40's... So that's part of the reasons his reflex are so sharp!

John: when you stage, do you barelly stage or deep? They say in bracket racing we should stage derp, but it affects trap speed. They say it improves RT, but imo you can barelly stage (shallow?) and hit the gas a fraction before and get a good RT And a good trap speed... So how do you do it?

I would prefer pro tree when it is yellow lights boom and green boom... That is reflex, the other one is anticipation...

Thanks!

John is not old... Grey beard but in his 40's... So that's part of the reasons his reflex are so sharp!

John: when you stage, do you barelly stage or deep? They say in bracket racing we should stage derp, but it affects trap speed. They say it improves RT, but imo you can barelly stage (shallow?) and hit the gas a fraction before and get a good RT And a good trap speed... So how do you do it?

I would prefer pro tree when it is yellow lights boom and green boom... That is reflex, the other one is anticipation...

Thanks!

Steve why is staging deep better for bracket racing? In Nov. we having BLOWN FEAST (turbos & supercharger only). It will be my 1st bracket event and I hope the temp will be low 70s to hi 60s. I'll join the 12sec. club. @John I'm only 54yrs young LOL.

Staging "deep" is better for bracket racing because it leads to better reaction times. Deep means to drive up as close to the line as possible without tripping the lights. Staging "shallow" means to stage to the point where the second staging light just comes on. This usually leads to a quicker pass because you get to roll out a little and your time doesn't start until you cross the starting lines. This usually leads to a little slower reaction time because of the distance that you need to travel...make sense?

Staging "deep" is better for bracket racing because it leads to better reaction times. Deep means to drive up as close to the line as possible without tripping the lights. Staging "shallow" means to stage to the point where the second staging light just comes on. This usually leads to a quicker pass because you get to roll out a little and your time doesn't start until you cross the starting lines. This usually leads to a little slower reaction time because of the distance that you need to travel...make sense?

Unless you start earlier when shallow...

Thanks Derrali. @Steve as always you've helping a great car and a DUMB driver be a better team. Derrali, Steve has been trying to teach this old cat new tricks. The bracket event I'm going to in Nov. (if I'm reading the rules right) have .5sec RT limit. I never ran at a track until now, As a teen I only race in the street I'm still a baby at this track thing but you guys are really helping. thanks

Hey Steve, the problem with staging shallow and then leaving earlier is consistency. It's tough to be consistent with leaving that way. I agree it's the best of both worlds but consistency is key in bracket racing...as opposed to heads up where the first one there wins

Shoman04:

the 0.5 RT is that it takes half a second between last yellow light and green light to light. I believe it is 0.4 seconds between yellow lights and then 0.5 seconds for the green light. That's how you can anticipate... Good luck!

Usually referred to as a .500 Sportsman Tree.. and I believe it 0.5 between the yellows and also to the green..

Then there is the .400 Pro Tree... All the yellow bulbs come on at ONCE and then 0.4 second from yellow to green...

at least i think that's how it goes...

Hey Steve' date=' the problem with staging shallow and then leaving earlier is consistency. It's tough to be consistent with leaving that way. I agree it's the best of both worlds but consistency is key in bracket racing...as opposed to heads up where the first one there wins[/quote']

Completely AGREE! Staging shallow for best ET results in my RT's being in the .15x to .25x range... BUT if I stage shallow, I'm usually .0xx or like on Sunday I was basically .03x to .06x.

And if you really are shooting for great RT's, write DEEP on your window then stage DEEP... that is where you roll forward enough to actually turn OFF the pre-stage bulbs... but you are more likely to RED LIGHT...

Archived