Ecoboost Owner Forums

Need help here

Hey guys. So back story I have noticed an oily substance leaking below my intake to the silver area directly above the tranny fluid port

[ATTACH]1050[/ATTACH]

It's everywhere and almost looks like battery acid or bird poop. Now the bottom side of the intake has an oily residue as well. And none inside

[ATTACH]1051[/ATTACH]

Any ideas what could be causing this? I have a dealership appt tomorrow to have them look. It's red then goes to that chalky white look.

post-277-142532294695_thumb.jpg

post-277-142532294699_thumb.jpg

post-277-142532294695_thumb.jpg

post-277-142532294699_thumb.jpg

I don't see anything anywhere else other than where the pics are. It has a crusty corrosion feel to it. The silver lines have it the most. The metal part of the engine pictured doesn't have much other than splatter marks.

I'm taking it in tomorrow to have them figure it out. Could it be from the battery?

I just got back from the dealer, they told me to bring it in tomorrow so they can have the time to figure out what is going on. They also think it has something to do with the battery, but they arent sure. Good news is that its under warranty and they arent going to jerk me around on anything that needs replacing. XD

Good news is that its under warranty and they arent going to jerk me around on anything that needs replacing.

Good to hear Hen! :thumb:

Just as other member's would post up which Stealership's were crappy in providing warranty coverage related repairs, I would hope conversely, that you'd post up the name of your Dealer that is providing you EXCELLENT service, so that those members who are remotely close to you, can also elect to use the same Dealer if they require warranty related work likewise.

Thanks pal :yo:

Update,

I got the car back from the dealer (Jim Taylor Ford in Ruston, LA (the butthole of North Louisiana)), to those who thought it was the battery you would be correct, they had to take a bunch of stuff apart to figure out where the leak was coming from, got a new battery (no charge) and they cleaned up the spill over so nothing would be damaged. Thanks for the insight guys!!

Turns out they ordered me a new shifter cable, they said they didnt like the way it felt to the touch of a screwdriver. They are thinking that some of the acid hit it and weakened. They said they would rather replace it under warranty now rather wait 20k miles and have it fail and be outside of warranty. All in all i do enjoy this dealership they are good people.

Archived