Ecoboost Owner Forums

Thermostat Questions

So I see that several people are using Unleashed Tuning 170 degree thermostat. Which brings up several questions: First, what is the benefit to the Ecoboost engine by using this thermostat? Second, what is the temp of the stock thermostat? Lastly, is there any down side to replacing the stock thermostat with the 170 thermostat? Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

I'm running the Unleashed t-stat as well as the radiator. In my opinion the cars seem to run very hot, very quick and was hoping this would help out. The stock t-stat is 180. With my current setup I've seen the temps drop about 15 degrees on average. During a 1/4 mile pass I used to see temps around 210, now they really never go above 195

Thisa has been discussed at leignth on the GT500 sites and from what I have deduced is if you just track you're car then just upgrading the T stat is fine but for a street car not a good idea it messes with the computer and shows that the car doesn't come up to running temp.If you want to change it go ahead but I see no real advantage to it.I am still running the stock T stat in my GT500 and I'm pushing 550 at the tires. No problem with overheating. I do however need to upgrade the intercooler to a bigger one

• 1 month later...

Archived