Ecoboost Owner Forums

Illinois New Guy

3ponies

Morning, I have my 2nd SHO since 2010 and we are on our 3rd EcoBoost. A SHO, Flex, 2013 Escape Baby Boost that replaced the Flex and I am looking at a 2013 SHO tomorrow. I have 3 Mustangs and a need for Speed ( except in the Escape ). I enjoy reading about how people use their cars and getting ideas. Chased a SHO around the track last Monday at the AutoBahn in Chicago. He as good driver for sure but my Roush Black Jack had some unfair advantages.

The SHO has been a great car for me and I look forward to driving one for many years.

Rick

Welcome! The SHO is great and has more shock value at the track then a Mustang would.

Your crazier then me! I am actually trying to sell my 1 and only Mustang (coyote swap car) to buy a DD (dont like racking miles up on the SHO). With a future plan of a SC Eleanor clone. Dont think the wife would ever let me have 3 at once..

Welcome aboard Rick! :welcome:

Fantastic to have another Illinois Eco owner registered here on EBOF! :thumb:

You certainly came to the right place with our community focusing on anything, and everything EcoBoost related from FMC.

We look forward to your involvement here & the Autobahn's not all that far from me, but admittedly, have only been there as a guest spectator.

Hopefully our paths will cross sometime.

Ttyl.

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I love the SHO, I traded a 2008 STS V for my AWD 2010 SHO and what a difference in handling. This is a great car and is right up there withe the Jag S Type R I had. We'll see tomorrow if I upgrade to the 2013.

I am a big Pony lover and do a fair amount of Track events. While we have been 3 ponies for about 15 years I can see becoming 2 ponies in the not too distance downsize future. I hardly ever use the 65 anymore.

Rick

greenmachinecomeshome4.jpg

greenmachinecomeshome13.jpg

greenmachinecomeshome6.jpg

SeasonEnd201023.jpg

I did the jump, I will pick it up in a few days, Love the color. I know a lot of folks don't agree with it but I am having the tires swapped for AS Michelins. I can't believe the upgrades from 2010 to 2013. What a fun car! I enjoyed the test drive a lot!

2013SHO.jpg

Damn you, i'm quite jealous!

I'm sure you'll continue letting the community know all the great differences in that new, fancy schmansy '13 versus the prior MY's.

Gggrrrrr..... LOL

Seriously though, looks fantastic! I'll agree, the changes are pretty immense. I had the pleasure of riding in fellow EBOF member mac98sho's '13 at this years Nat'l SHO Convention as he hurled it (and me) around the track at BIR.....

What a blast!

Enjoy! :hail:

Mike :yo:

Seriously though, looks fantastic! I'll agree, the changes are pretty immense. Enjoy! :hail:

/QUOTE]

For real. Honestly, the SHO was nowhere on my radar untill i started seeing the 2013 comercials they have been running on SPEED TV. When I do see the prior model years, they are "sleepers" but i like the distinction the 2013 provides.

The Steering wheel is way cool along with many other features. I would expect to pick it up tomorrow or Thursday as the dealer is doing the tire swap and we just agreed on what to put on the car. I left the 10 SHO at the dealer yesterday when I made the deal as the garage floor is being worked on and we have 6 cars to jockey around.

Thanks for all the good feedback.

Rick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only color worth getting in my opinion, although it would be extremely biased lol. I love Ponies too. It's the little bit of joy I have when i do work on my husband's. He tries to do things with me but I tell him "I have a plan and you're going to slow me down". He's a good man though. Watches the kids and all so I can tinker under the hoods or detail the cars.

Welcome to the site! Looks like we have similar taste in cars.

Between the Roush and Shelby, which do you like better for the track / street?

I love the Shelby Vert for cruising but the Roush Black Jack is built for the Road Track. It handles like a dream and is very quick. I have run it a little over 145MPH at Road America and it just keeps getting better with a little help from Roush & Kenny Brown. The SHO is my third and I have loved them all. I too had 2 LS cars and 2 Jag s types so Iw ould say we do have very similar tastes in cars. Oh yes and a 65 Fast Back and we had a 66 GT Mustang Vert too!

Only color worth getting in my opinion' date=' although it would be extremely biased lol. I love Ponies too. It's the little bit of joy I have when i do work on my husband's. He tries to do things with me but I tell him "I have a plan and you're going to slow me down". He's a good man though. Watches the kids and all so I can tinker under the hoods or detail the cars.[/quote']

Detailing is a great past time. A clean black car is sooo special!

• 1 month later...
Whereabout's are you from in IL? I am from the quad cities.

Well, a bit of a drive from you.....

I am essentially less than 10min away from the racetrack in Joliet, IL.

On any given Summer night, I can hear the roar of the various races held there.

Archived