Ecoboost Owner Forums

Front License Plate Bracket and Frame

$32??? Wow, I guess they go good with the $700 grill they sell for our car too.

These are 50 CENTS from Home depot.

I did this start to finish in less than 1 minute, just to take pics. I dont have black touchup paint, so I used a black market JUST FOR THESE PICS, ill pick up touch up paint the next time im out. I did this with touch up paint on my Genesis about 2 years ago, and they were still perfect when I sold the car. This is a pair I had left over from the Genesis, I bought 2 different sizes to see which ones I liked better, and this is the left over pair.

.50 a PAIR people, not $32 with shipping. WOW. Home Depot sells them in all different sizes, this is just what I had laying around in the garage.

Will look much better with actual paint, not black marker like I used for this 1 minute demonstration.

B1E8DBB8-63FD-4018-BB5C-A2F0AEB03BE4-5945-000006E674F060A9.jpg

12923B43-99C5-4A75-AFD0-FB0CF8115972-5945-000006E671A93930.jpg

6B623EBE-1929-44C4-A278-FE3C81FC291D-5945-000006E66E703254.jpg

I had them for about 2 years. Some people glue them in, I never do. Ive done this on all my cars for about the last 10-12 years. I never run front plates.

Yes, I only did the marker to show basically what it looks like installed for this thread. I literally read that post about $32, and went outside and did it, and took pics, then posted up. lol

This pic was taken not long before I sold the car, and I removed the plate and did the plugs probably the same week I bought the car. lol

9D60DAF2-210A-4CED-94CB-6A293EF8EA48-10144-000009DACBE176AC.jpg

hey kolk i love the plate plugs that you had on ur car and like how ur def. showing and helping on how quick and easy and cheaper the home depot plug idea and demo works and is. but as much as i agree on the plugs i totally disagree with you on the grill situation where it seems so over priced and not worth it. i think the grill is not that crazy over priced and is night and day from the stock or plasti dipped grill wise, as i have had the t-rex grill which i think was good quality and not thin and flimsy and i currently have the mobsteel grill which i love even more and think its worth it, do i wish it cost less sure i do but the quality is there and time im sure put into it i guess thats why its more and i just feel its worth it. but back to the license plate plugs thats a great amazing fill in and the pics u just posted look great of it done the way you did it, thanks

Im saying its completely outrageous compared to the last 23 cars ive owned. $700 is crazy, unless you drive a blinged out DONK with STRUT grill. I could of bought a VIS Carbon fiber trunk for my last car for $800. Carbon fiber grills (TONS to choose from) were only $2-300.

Im not cheap, and gladly put tons of money into a car, but some prices are just flat out retarded. I think its a great looking grill dont get me wrong. But $700 is bullshit, and the only way they are getting away with it, is they dont have any competition. I know there are like 2 other grills out there, but let 1 other company make a good version that looks like theirs at a reasonable price, and they will have to drop their price by 1/2 a week later. They can only gouge for so long.

Edit: Let me add, that I know this is just My personal opinion, and everybody likes to spend money on different things. What my hobbies are, and I spend tons of money on, a ton of other people probably think its like flushing money down the toilet. Same goes with cars, what I feel is a necessary way I "have" to spend $1,000(lets say a SQ stereo) another person could feel is a waste of money, and I should of spent 1,000 on a Meth kit(I probably will next year lol). So im sorry if I come off opinionated, but I know we all have different views, and goals, and hobbies.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion especially when what the individual considers worth it. There tons of people out there that choose to do things to there cars, that 99% of us would deem not worth it. But these are individual choices and for the guy that has the cash the to spend some of most extreme mods. Truth be told most of the cars you see at car show or auto-rama's are not worth it. Heck restoring most cars now a days are not worth it, but thank god we have folks that have passion and dreams and big fat wallets to do them. And we probably be all driving around in boxes with wheels based on is it worth it.

But I for one believe that the Mobsteel grill is worth it and is good value, Knowing what I know about trying to build custom pieces. Sure it would be great if someone would pick up and mass produce and would greatly drive down the price. But to even get a manufacture to consider doing you would have to sign up for thousands to tens of thousands units, and that means huge investment. And thats why you don't see much in the after market for are cars, and wont there isn't a large enough demand for.

Mobsteel is a small time custom shop that does great things, and I am ever so grateful that they where one of the very few that stepped up. I have said it many times and I'll say it again if I could only have one mod on my car it would be my Mobsteel grill. It is the only piece of my car that makes it stand out against the rest.

Now with that said I believe Mobsteel isn't going make there grill anymore, which I believe is due to cost.

So its easy to say it cost to much and it isn't worth it, I had similar feelings. Until I did my home work on trying to do one myself, and found out I could potentially make one if all went accord to plan for about half the cost. And this price figure in no way figures in labor. So once I seen that the answer was simple, call Mobsteel and order one.

As many of the people that know me and followed me thru or invested in my gauge pod project can tell you that I dug myself in deep and bit off more than I ever knew I could chew.I even remember thinking and quoting my investor I could create replica mold of my original fiber glass pod for as little as $400 and that number quickly tripled.

So wouldn't say Mobsteel price is bullshit, cause I know I could have sold hand mocked fiber glass gauge pods for $400 now I wouldn't have sold as many as I have and I didn't want to have to ask for such a high price, let alone go thru all the time that it took to make. But even at $400 I wouldn't making nothing considering the amount of time and labor that goes into making one these from scratch. But considering what you get from T-rex for half the price. No offense Anthony, but you couldn't pay me $700 dollar to put on my car.

hey chris

i agree with 101% of what you just said, im just saying that i have had the t-rex grill which isnt half the price as it cost about 650-700 for the top and bottom grill and i was pretty happy with the quality of it. but as you know chris i have inquired and asked you months ago about the mobsteel grill as i have learned about it and seen it and i did purchase it and am totally happy with it and def. think its alot better quality then the t-rex grill and is a big upgrade looks and quality wise and how you can have it personalized to your car and liking. so yes i know alot of time and effort goes into making these grills. and yes as i have stated your pod gauge is also another great mod. which i am totally happy and thrilled to have purchased buddy, thanks

Everyone is entitled to there opinion especially when what the individual considers worth it. There tons of people out there that choose to do things to there cars, that 99% of us would deem not worth it. But these are individual choices and for the guy that has the cash the to spend some of most extreme mods. Truth be told most of the cars you see at car show or auto-rama's are not worth it. Heck restoring most cars now a days are not worth it, but thank god we have folks that have passion and dreams and big fat wallets to do them. And we probably be all driving around in boxes with wheels based on is it worth it.

But I for one believe that the Mobsteel grill is worth it and is good value, Knowing what I know about trying to build custom pieces. Sure it would be great if someone would pick up and mass produce and would greatly drive down the price. But to even get a manufacture to consider doing you would have to sign up for thousands to tens of thousands units, and that means huge investment. And thats why you don't see much in the after market for are cars, and wont there isn't a large enough demand for.

Mobsteel is a small time custom shop that does great things, and I am ever so grateful that they where one of the very few that stepped up. I have said it many times and I'll say it again if I could only have one mod on my car it would be my Mobsteel grill. It is the only piece of my car that makes it stand out against the rest.

Now with that said I believe Mobsteel isn't going make there grill anymore, which I believe is due to cost.

So its easy to say it cost to much and it isn't worth it, I had similar feelings. Until I did my home work on trying to do one myself, and found out I could potentially make one if all went accord to plan for about half the cost. And this price figure in no way figures in labor. So once I seen that the answer was simple, call Mobsteel and order one.

As many of the people that know me and followed me thru or invested in my gauge pod project can tell you that I dug myself in deep and bit off more than I ever knew I could chew.I even remember thinking and quoting my investor I could create replica mold of my original fiber glass pod for as little as $400 and that number quickly tripled.

So wouldn't say Mobsteel price is bullshit, cause I know I could have sold hand mocked fiber glass gauge pods for $400 now I wouldn't have sold as many as I have and I didn't want to have to ask for such a high price, let alone go thru all the time that it took to make. But even at $400 I wouldn't making nothing considering the amount of time and labor that goes into making one these from scratch. But considering what you get from T-rex for half the price. No offense Anthony, but you couldn't pay me $700 dollar to put on my car.

Archived