Ecoboost Owner Forums

Front License Plate Bracket and Frame

So my plates arrived and I went to install them today.

No issues with the rear plate and a standard four hole, black frame.

The front, however is a different issue. California peace officers are really hard on no front plates, so I have to put it on. Plus, the dealer mounted the front bracket anyway.

There are only two holes on the bottom to affix the plate and frame to the bracket and then those two tabs on the top, which allow the plate to fit beneath them and stay put, but not a frame. There are no upper holes, nor is there any depth to drill and use some new ones.

I have not yet bought a front frame, so the rear one is what I used for the pictures.

How do you guys get around this so the top of a front plate and frame fit snug against the bracket??

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

lose the frame. I run no frame.

Missouri requires a front plate. I had been busted before. It burns my ass when i see people without one.

I play ice hockey with 4 local police officers. When i question them on if they pull people over for no plate they laugh. They say only jrks do that kind of stuff. they only pull over criminals. what ever that means.

• 4 months later...
lose the frame. I run no frame.

Missouri requires a front plate. I had been busted before. It burns my ass when i see people without one.

I havent ran a front plate on any of my cars ever, and I do most my driving in MO. At least on any of the cars I care about how they look.

I havent ran a front plate on any of my cars ever' date=' and I do most my driving in MO. At least on any of the cars I care about how they look.[/quote']

Years back, the on time i tried running with no front plat, i got pooed 3 times in 3 months @ $35 a ticket.

Now it just pisses me off anytime i see someone with no plate on the front. I want to flag a cop down and have them ticket them.

Whats sad is, i am freinds with several cops, and they never pull someone over for that, unless they need an excuse to harass or check for warrents on a suspitions person.

I have Craigs Custom Bracket for my Mustang, which does not bolt to the bumper. Here is his link. I have not checked the Taurus to see if it will fit, but it may be worth an e-mail for those who want to run plateless..."here is my plate officer, it just came off, see it's still on the bracket" :)..or want to take it off for shows, which is what I did. Very easy on and off.

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/welcome-to-craigs-custom-mustang-brackets/

thats EXACTLY where i have my front plate and bracket lol, its in my trunk and if i get pulled over its usually when cops are behind you and read your plate etc. and if that ever was a issue i have been told by cop friends to say and it MAY work that you just had your bumper done over at the body shop and they never put it back on,

My front plate' date=' and bracket for the front bumper are in the trunk. If I ever get pulled over and asked, Ill just say it got ripped off, and its in the trunk.[/quote']

Has anyone removed the factory front mounted plate hanger? It looks to be riveted into the bumper.

Sent from my SCH-i605 using Tapatalk 2

I would like to know this too, Does anyone know how big the hole are in the front bumper from the rivets. Im scared to drill them out and have huge holes. thanks.

Some time ago, someone did remove their front holder and had found plugs that he painted body color and used them to cover the holes, so I don't think they are very big, and you should be able to find a plug to cover the hole. Sorry that I can't remember the size of that was used.

Not at home, or near a Notebook/PC to dig it up, but.....

If you scan through the various photos in my "How-To" for the front bumper clip removal, I believe there was one, or possibly two images of the back side of the front bumper clip.

Because I am in IL, and we are req'd to have both a front & rear plate/tag, I have the front bracket frame fastened to my front clip.

If I recall correctly, the holes were approx 15mm in diameter, maybe just slightly smaller.

Take a gander through the images though and maybe you can see where the holes are located excatly, and maybe even how big they are.... :noidea:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe i was thinking of the head of the fastener itself, & not the actual thread portion of it.

Either way, haven't had my front clip off since the Meth Injection Kit install, so it's been awhile.

Regardless, I believe I had pics of the reverse side of my bumper clip in that "how-to" thread as previously mentioned.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Archived