Ecoboost Owner Forums

Confession time

Ok so back on May 24th I had mistakenly thought I put my car in park when it was actually in reverse and proceeded to exit the vehicle. Then I proceeded to dive into the vehicle as it started rolling down driveway. Needless to say my drivers door hyper extended into my front fender. I promptly dropped it off at the "preferred" body shop for my insurance. one month and a new door later I got it back. The paint had runs, door was misaligned and trim was jacked. Two weeks later I dropped it off with them to have them fix the problem. Three weeks later I got it back and it was still crap work so I told State Farm I wanted to take it to another shop. So two weeks later I drop it off at the other shop. They replace the front fender due to all of the bondo from the other shop, my headlight due to other shop breaking headlight and all door trim. Also both hinges as the other shop did not replace them hence the door misalignment. Here is the kicker.. I had noticed my auto dim drivers door mirror wasn't working nor the ambient lighting. Turns out they had put a screw through my wiring harness in the door. The new body shop wanting it to be all good ordered a new harness. It showed up and the tech in their shop cut out my old door harness to make it easier to get through grommets. Turns out the new harness in the box was the wrong harness. It was a case of "right" box wrong part. The harness is now back ordered till the end of Oct. and they won't release my car because nothing in the door functions. This was about 3 weeks ago so far. Long story not so short does anyone here have the part number for the wiring harness for a 2013 SHO PP front drivers door? I am now trying to see if by some slim chance an aftermarket Ford parts company might have one or maybe some junkyard might have a piled up one. Out of the 6 months I have had my car body shops have had it for 4 months for a freaking door!!!

You may want to try and head on over to one of EBOF's Supporting Vendor's, Unleashed Tuning.

Their owner, Mr. Torrie McPhail has always been quite responsive to emails, and parts orders through his online store located below:

http://WWW.FASTPARTSNETWORK.COM

Good luck with your hunt for that harness and sorry to have heard about not only your mishap, but also the poor experience with body shop #1.

Man that sucks! I wish I had this story a couple weeks ago when I told me insurance company I was going to do my own repairs, and they where like why would you want to do that? My answer was cause I am weird like that. Its never ceases to amaze me that place like that can consider there selves a repair shop when then create more damage then they repair. As for a harness I wish the best of luck with that. I think you would be better off having the harness repaired if not at least til a new one is available.

Man that sucks! I wish I had this story a couple weeks ago when I told me insurance company I was going to do my own repairs' date=' and they where like why would you want to do that? My answer was cause I am weird like that. Its never ceases to amaze me that place like that can consider there selves a repair shop when then create more damage then they repair. As for a harness I wish the best of luck with that. I think you would be better off having the harness repaired if not at least til a new one is available.[/quote']

Problem is hey literally cut it out so there is about 4 bundles with 20 or so wires each that were severed. Also ford parts guy said the new cars are sensitive to resistance in the wires not sure how much I believe that but he didn't recommend repair. Sad part is I could have lived without auto dimming mirror and ambient lighting. I missed the entire summer, I guess the good part is that I have put less than 3k on my car in 6 months. :frusty:

Well just ran across the pictures of damage to my car so I thought I would post them. :ohwell:

Still don't have car I called FMC on Thursday and spoke with a rep was supposed to get a call back from another rep on Friday but no call. I will be calling tomorrow.

c8678bc1.jpg

f7e9f443.jpg

Makes me sick.

That sucks. I have used the same body shop since I was 16. Thankfully I am 40 now but have only had to have 2 cars sent there. Both not my fault, one was a totaled 98 mustang gt when I was hit head on by a drunk driver.

Point is, I know now, where my car will be driven or towed if it needs any body work. The body shop manager will sort out the rest. Don't let any insurance company bully you about their "preffered" shop. BS. It's your car, you have the controll. All the insurance company has to do is write the check. Any good body shop will get the correct monies to do the job right.

I hope it all works out for you.

Archived