Ecoboost Owner Forums

Spacers

I know spacers have been discussed in the past, but I have a couple of new questions...

1. Are there any spacers available for the SHO where you do NOT have to switch to longer bolts?

2. Do you have to get a new alignment after the spacer install?

3. Part numbers!!! If you have them, please provide!!!!

Thanks

Measure how much thread is exposed past the end of a low cost open ended lug nut. You could probably borrow one from a local tire store for 5min to find out. That is how much spacer you could run- with the nut being used at that time. Just a hunch but I will bet more than 3mm you will run out of both thread and center hub support necessitating both a stud change and hub centric spacer.

Measure how much thread is exposed past the end of a low cost open ended lug nut. You could probably borrow one from a local tire store for 5min to find out. That is how much spacer you could run- with the nut being used at that time. Just a hunch but I will bet more than 3mm you will run out of both thread and center hub support necessitating both a stud change and hub centric spacer.

OK, So basically, is there any spacer that we can get that is available to where we dont have to change the lugs?!?! If so, whats the part number and manufactuer?!?!? I have read the infor o the H&R site, but it dosent really tell me if i need new lugs or not...

Thanks

Small spacers, in the 3-5mm range I think you can get away with, w/o having to go the extra step of requiring the tapping in of new, longer lugs.

Other than that, nope. No real away around it.

If you gonna go wider / bigger, well expect to have to do a lil extra work there my friend. :thumb:

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have bolt on 1.25" spacers that share the same lugs as the SHO, 1/2" and 1" for the fronts that are different, 12x1.50 IIRC. Only issue is the rear scrub with H&Rs so bad I had to remove them. Ended up cutting my new Nittos tires. If I change my springs back to the Eibachs, it'd be fine though.

Archived