Ecoboost Owner Forums

SHOnewbie in San Antonio

Jack Skellington

Howdy all!! Picked up a '10 Red Candy SHO two weeks ago (10/6) with 22K miles. Based on what I have learned reading around the net it is a 402B spec and build 2. The only issue it has is typical (as I have learned) blender door actuator. Rather than take it back to the dealer for a $20 part I just ordered one myself. Should be here today or tomorrow.

Coming from an '06 300C I was shopping for a few months and really considered another 300. I just decided that another 300 optioned out like mine was (Hemi/nav/etc) going to be too cost prohibitive. Either that or I would have to go with a 2010 which was still the old body style. If I was going to do that I would just keep my 300 (only had 46K miles)

About this SHO.......holy hell is this car fun to drive. It is the most surefooted thing I have ever had ahold of. Rained here over the weekend and I did everything I could the get it to hydroplane and it was just as solid as dry pavement. Also found that it seems to have a really wide powerband. My 300 would start to fall off at the top of the tach. The SHO pulls all the way through.

So far I really only have two complaints and neither of them are that bad at all. The turn signal stalk is angled funky. Seems like every time I go to turn on the blinkers I also turn on the high beams. The other thing are the exit lights. This is just a preference thing for me but I like when I turn the car off that there are no lights on. Even with the exit delay turned off the tail lights and front markers stay on for 10-15 seconds (never really timed it). I prefer no lights on and just a flash when I lock or unlock. Again not a huge deal, just a preference.

On the whole I REALLY REALLY love this car. The guy that had it before me added screens in the back, but I might take those out. That little window right next to the unlock lever seems like it is inviting someone to steal them. We'll see.

:welcome:Glad you've joined us. I would like to see a photo of the screens in your car. Also if you think the car is fun now you should consider picking up a tune from one of our supporting vendors. With the tune installed the car becomes a blast to drive, it's a great way to improve performance without spending a lot of money, but well worth the investment! Again, glad to have you with us!

Yes welcome to the boards. Glad to see another southern person. I'm in Louisiana. You should upload some pics of the car as well.

I'll echo the comments about the tune. It's the best bang for the buck and completely transforms the car.

All in all welcome and enjoy yourself here.

Archived