Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 sho 12.80@107.91

NotEnufPSI

Hi everybody, new 2013 SHO w/PP owner. This is a great car and performed better than I could've asked for. Only mod to the car is the LMS tune that Rick was kind enough to load up for me yesterday on short notice. Went out to Milan here in MI today and made only 2 passes

First pass- 13.01@106.87

Second pass-12.80@107.91

Though I only got 2 back to back passes in over 4+ hours, I was very happy with the results.

Tony

'13 SHO w/PP and Livernois Tune

post-973-142532295212_thumb.jpg

post-973-142532295217_thumb.jpg

post-973-142532295212_thumb.jpg

post-973-142532295217_thumb.jpg

Great times for just a tune!

What RPM were you launching at? I also have a PP 2013...

My best time from last month was a 12.95@107 1.90 60' with LMS tune and Airaid.

Went back Saturday with the V2 tune and made almost 2 dozen passes launching anywhere from 1500-1800 rpms and could only muster a a slew of 13.0x passes @ 109-110. With 60's all in the 1.9x range.

Can't seem to get the perfect RPM to get into the 1.8s!

Great times for just a tune!

What RPM were you launching at? I also have a PP 2013...

My best time from last month was a 12.95@107 1.90 60' with LMS tune and Airaid.

Went back Saturday with the V2 tune and made almost 2 dozen passes launching anywhere from 1500-1800 rpms and could only muster a a slew of 13.0x passes @ 109-110. With 60's all in the 1.9x range.

Can't seem to get the perfect RPM to get into the 1.8s!

Try launching at 2000 rpm, even up to 2300rpm... Depends on the car, but best launches have been seen to be anywhere between 1800 and 2300... Actually, normally it should be the highest rpm before tires start slipping.

Good luck and please report.

Try launching at 2000 rpm, even up to 2300rpm... Depends on the car, but best launches have been seen to be anywhere between 1800 and 2300... Actually, normally it should be the highest rpm before tires start slipping.

Good luck and please report.

See I had tried that and would always end up with a 2.0-2.3 60' and run a 13.2-13.4@109-110. :noidea:

See I had tried that and would always end up with a 2.0-2.3 60' and run a 13.2-13.4@109-110. :noidea:

Maybe you need better tires and I always remove traction control... Lowering spring seem to help a lot too, however 2013 performance package is already not too bad. But my 2010 non-PP really needed those H&R springs and better tires.

Thanks everyone!

Crash712us- I saw your car and Darrell's, both very sharp and was hoping to see you guys run and run into you guys to chat for a minute. That might have been the worst I've ever seen Milan ran in 10 years.

Onlya6- on my first pass a, 13.0 run I launched at ~1800 rpms, the car stuck pretty good so I figured I could launch higher, so on the second run, the 12.8, I launched at ~2100-2200 rpms. I was hoping to get more than 2 passes in because I've never had this car at the track and wasn't sure where I should launch it. Also, I completely turned off the AdvanceTrac system.

Maybe you need better tires and I always remove traction control... Lowering spring seem to help a lot too' date=' however 2013 performance package is already not too bad. But my 2010 non-PP really needed those H&R springs and better tires.[/quote']

H&R Springs and didn't spin at all, track prep was great. AdvanceTrac off too...

Oh well, doing more mods this winter and go at it again in the spring.

Thanks everyone!

Crash712us- I saw your car and Darrell's, both very sharp and was hoping to see you guys run and run into you guys to chat for a minute. That might have been the worst I've ever seen Milan ran in 10 years.

Onlya6- on my first pass a, 13.0 run I launched at ~1800 rpms, the car stuck pretty good so I figured I could launch higher, so on the second run, the 12.8, I launched at ~2100-2200 rpms. I was hoping to get more than 2 passes in because I've never had this car at the track and wasn't sure where I should launch it. Also, I completely turned off the AdvanceTrac system.

Trust me we wanted us to us run too. Are you doing any thing with your tire pressure? I usually drop mine to 29psi front and back to start with.

Hi everybody, new 2013 SHO w/PP owner. This is a great car and performed better than I could've asked for. Only mod to the car is the LMS tune that Rick was kind enough to load up for me yesterday on short notice. Went out to Milan here in MI today and made only 2 passes

First pass- 13.01@106.87

Second pass-12.80@107.91

Though I only got 2 back to back passes in over 4+ hours, I was very happy with the results.

Tony

'13 SHO w/PP and Livernois Tune

Welcome NotEnu FINALY ANYOTHER BLU SHO (2011 KONA BLU)

Thanks shoman04.

gpfarrell- I used to be into drag racing a few years back and had cars that would need an hour of track prep, it used to be fun, but got old. I enjoy haven something that I can take right ff the street and right onto the track without screwing around with different tires or ice for an intercooler reservoir, or adjusting suspension, etc. Thanks, btw

Thanks shoman04.

gpfarrell- I used to be into drag racing a few years back and had cars that would need an hour of track prep, it used to be fun, but got old. I enjoy haven something that I can take right ff the street and right onto the track without screwing around with different tires or ice for an intercooler reservoir, or adjusting suspension, etc. Thanks, btw

I got off the hwy drop the old lady at the stands run 12.669sec my 1st(and best) time of the night.

Two KONA BLUES LOOK GOOD TOGETHER!!!!!!

I am looking for some help to get my SHO to run faster. Whether it is driver or something I need to do with the car. I see cars with just a tune running in the 12.66-12.8 range and I was only able to muster a 12.97. Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1315[/ATTACH]

[video=youtube;EimNIUtBK5Y]

post-775-14253228877_thumb.jpg

post-775-14253228877_thumb.jpg

Steve142857 thinks springs (H&R) are worth 2 tenths. Are you doing anything with PSI? I lower the fronts to 28 but could probably experiment more to find optimal pressures. I see you have a PP car, do you disable TCS entirely (hold button down for 5 seconds with car stopped and foot on brake) until "advance trac off" message appears? There are other things to consider, just throwing a few out there. I would like to try a run using grade assist, shifting directly into "M" mode causing the car on a grade icon to appear. I'm not sure if anyone has tried that, combined with disabling TCS, it can be done.

I am looking for some help to get my SHO to run faster. Whether it is driver or something I need to do with the car. I see cars with just a tune running in the 12.66-12.8 range and I was only able to muster a 12.97. Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1315[/ATTACH]

[video=youtube;EimNIUtBK5Y]

Where are you located? What are your mods? The 60' looks ok...and the time I believe maybe be pretty ballpark as well. Alot has to do with weather, track, etc...

Could use a little more info..

darreli, I have the following: 2013 SHO w/PP, LMS tune, Corsa cat back exhaust, Hennessey cold air intake and 170F thermostat. I am in the Chicagoland area and this track is a few miles south of Rockford, IL. The temp was around 55F for the runs. I thought the 60' was good also but I see that the rest of the times fall behind the others in the 12.6-12.8 range.

With all your mods you should be quicker. What rpm are you launching at? Also staging properly effects your time, for best ET's stage lightly. Meaning when roll in and turn on first light just creep forward inching to turn 2nd light and stop. I assume your running premium gas, and not running it on full tank of gas. Only other thing I can suggest you look at is search out knock sensor wire chaffing.

darreli' date=' I have the following: 2013 SHO w/PP, LMS tune, Corsa cat back exhaust, Hennessey cold air intake and 170F thermostat. I am in the Chicagoland area and this track is a few miles south of Rockford, IL. The temp was around 55F for the runs. I thought the 60' was good also but I see that the rest of the times fall behind the others in the 12.6-12.8 range.[/quote']

I see that your camra man is almost as shackey as my OLD lady is.!! (but she's 60something and I DIE if I say 60WHAT)LOL STEVE AND SCRMING (are my idols) and Darrell are the speed demons around here (bpd1151 is too PRETTY TO BE FAST) . I lean all I know about TRACK RACING from them (dum kid race in the street all the time only GOD let me live long enough 55yr to be smart to go to the track. But there are the #'s every 100lb =.10sec, every 10hp=.10sec, every 1 gal= 7-8lb(gas in the tank),every 10deg cooler= .10sec until cold track start killing your traction, BUT THE THING WHY I AM RUNING 13.01SEC IN 95DEG TEMP / 12.669 AT 59DEG 1( It was the perfect storm day time temp was 72-74deg (track good and warm) and my 1st run air temp was 59deg great pwr. AND 2) MY BIGGEST+plus me car is 200lb liter than most. I have NO 401 or 402 opt pack JUST 12s PACK. MY CAR WITHOUT ME ONLY IS 4165LB w/1/4 TANK WITH ME 4390LB. IF I LOST 50LB I'VE BE .05th FASTER.

I see that your camra man is almost as shackey as my OLD lady is.!! (but she's 60something and I DIE if I say 60WHAT)LOL STEVE AND SCRMING (are my idols) and Darrell are the speed demons around here (bpd1151 is too PRETTY TO BE FAST) . I lean all I know about TRACK RACING from them (dum kid race in the street all the time only GOD let me live long enough 55yr to be smart to go to the track. But there are the #'s every 100lb =.10sec' date=' every 10hp=.10sec, every 1 gal= 7-8lb(gas in the tank),every 10deg cooler= .10sec until cold track start killing your traction, BUT THE THING WHY I AM RUNING 13.01SEC IN 95DEG TEMP / 12.669 AT 59DEG 1( It was the perfect storm day time temp was 72-74deg (track good and warm) and my 1st run air temp was 59deg great pwr. AND 2) MY BIGGEST+plus me car is 200lb liter than most. I have NO 401 or 402 opt pack JUST 12s PACK. MY CAR WITHOUT ME ONLY IS 4165LB w/1/4 TANK WITH ME 4390LB. IF I LOST 50LB I'VE BE .05th FASTER.[/quote']

You should not forget FirstSHO... After all, he is the quickest SHO of all!

darreli' date=' I have the following: 2013 SHO w/PP, LMS tune, Corsa cat back exhaust, Hennessey cold air intake and 170F thermostat. I am in the Chicagoland area and this track is a few miles south of Rockford, IL. The temp was around 55F for the runs. I thought the 60' was good also but I see that the rest of the times fall behind the others in the 12.6-12.8 range.[/quote']

Byron? Ive been there. Had my Mustang tuned by a guy in Sycamore.

I take a 12v air pump, and lower my tire pressure. I also take out the spare, and jack. I used to take them out at home but took them out right at the track the last couple times. I also try to run fuel down to 1/4 or less.

Is Byron closed now? I was actually looking for someplace to run again... Normally I go to Cordova which is now closed for the year. No Limits in In is open but it is haul. Jan 1 Cordova has "hang over fest" FYI.