Ecoboost Owner Forums

Definition please

Wrapping is when you have the car covered with an adhesive 3M product to change or protect the color of the car. A lot of cars you see at SEMA are wrapped. I've been looking to do it myself but its about as costly as paying for a new paint job.

A good company and example for this is protectivefilmsolutions.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am about to pull the trigger to have all the car wrapped... Hesitating on the color still... Should I go funky or classy/sporty? In other words something like electric blue or gun metal?

If I am to pay that kind of money, I want to be sure I won't regret....

steve you are NUTSSSSSSS. IDON'T THINK I'LL BE DOING THAT ONE. LOL

Steve.....

Fuschia, Lavender, or Powder Blue :thumb:

You'd really win over the Easter Bunny if you incorporated all three colors somehow!

:bolt:

Lol!

But seriously, I am considering 3M Scotchprint Erapfilm 1080-M230 (Matte Gray Aluminium)... It looks classy, sporty and the lines of the car would stand out really well... And since I want to black out all the chrome, I think I'd prefer the contrast with that color rather than having all the car black... Too stealth for me.

What do you guys think?

No picture but you can google it I'm sure.

Also that is the best color for dust, black is a pita...

I want one matte black wrapped car in my lifetime - but thinking the MKS is not it. SHO in matte black wrap would rock - I am really interested in your matte grey aluminum as well. Do it!

I don't like the Matte black that much... In that case I prefer the Tuxedo Black. Everything in my process of considering car wrapping started with the stupid chrome flaking which I want to black out, but I don't really want to have all the car in black... So, I figure that if the rest was Dark Aluminium, it would contrast well and look more chic than stealth...

Here is the sample:

And here look at 01:12, we see the color well:

Then I could have all the chrome done with black vinyl or plastidip, the wheels too, and my Twin Turbo Decal in black on the hood or maybe in another color like red or orange and paint the calipers the same color... That would give the sport touch and the color itself looks imo chic... I would feel like having a new car, it would look nice and fresh, no more swirls or scratches, no need to clean it twice a week for it to look nice... I think I am convincing myself here! ; )

BTW, I told my wife yesterday and she found that it was a reasonable price ! I was not expecting that one! So, it is just a matter of choosing the right color and making the apointment...

I personally want the velvet chrome wrap in a deep plum. Only because I have a sick obsession with purple. However, matte black is always my favorite next to the matte storm trooper white. The good thing about wraps is you can change it whenever you get tired and its protecting your paint from wear, weather, sun, and tear

I personally want the velvet chrome wrap in a deep plum. Only because I have a sick obsession withpurple. However' date=' matte [b']black[/b] is always my favorite next to the matte storm trooper white. The good thing about wraps is you can change it whenever you get tired and its protecting your paint from wear, weather, sun, and tear

Not sure I follow you Steph... What do you like? Chrome, matte black, white or purple??? Lol

I personally want the velvet chrome wrap in a deep plum. Only because I have a sick obsession with purple. However, matte black is always my favorite next to the matte storm trooper white. The good thing about wraps is you can change it whenever you get tired and its protecting your paint from wear, weather, sun, and tear

Geesh, you'd love my drysuit....it is purple with pink seams...I was going to get the seams done in lime green, but I thought that would be too gaudy! lol