Ecoboost Owner Forums

Liked my SHO so much...

nw2013sho

Liked my SHO so much I bought the wife an Explorer Sport. Strange thing, the Sport pulls much harder on acceleration. The sport has so much grunt it actually is a little squirrely under full skinny pedal. Anyone else who has both care to comment? Loving the Sport regardless. Great looking vehicle with nice appointments inside and out.

That was the other color we looked at, very sharp. My SHO is Tuxedo Black so we did not consider that color. Does yours have auto-dimming headlights? Ours doesn't but I don't see where this is a selectable option either. It is mentioned in the manual "if equipped" but I don't see it. I know some options are not available (strangely) on the Sport but unsure about this particular option.

• 4 weeks later...
That was the other color we looked at' date=' very sharp. My SHO is Tuxedo Black so we did not consider that color. Does yours have auto-dimming headlights? Ours doesn't but I don't see where this is a selectable option either. It is mentioned in the manual "if equipped" but I don't see it. I know some options are not available (strangely) on the Sport but unsure about this particular option.[/quote']

On mine (non pp) it works when the headlight switch is fully clockwise (auto headlamp mode), and works Ok. Sometimes i need to manually switch to low beams because the car in front is too far away. To disable the auto-dimming, just put the headlamp selector in regular headlamp mode.

On mine (non pp) it works when the headlight switch is fully clockwise (auto headlamp mode)' date=' and works Ok. Sometimes i need to manually switch to low beams because the car in front is too far away. To disable the auto-dimming, just put the headlamp selector in regular headlamp mode.[/quote']

I turned this option on one day and wish I didn't. I need to read how to turn it off. The High Beams come on too often for my liking. I love so many of the other features but not this one.

Not sure if you saw this thread, or even if you may be interested, however, it may be worth your while to check it out, and at the very least, shooting Rick a PM to inquire what they may be offering.

I'm sure that LMS would make it worth your while.

Here's the thread----------> http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?1450-Looking-for-Explorer-Sport-in-MI-for-Dyno-Testing