Ecoboost Owner Forums

New guy from Blainville CDN

Canuck

I recently purchased a new 2012 F-150 Ecoboost XLT 4X2 and couldn't be happier so far. I have already logged 20000 kms since June. 9600 of these Kms were done towing a R-Pod 177 18 foot trailer. I took it at the local drag strip (ICAR) last September and my best run was 14.89 at 93.15 mph. Not bad for a stock truck. I am considering a Livernois tuner but I am not sure for the towing part. This is a very informative forum.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1347[/ATTACH]

post-1019-142532295253_thumb.jpg

:welcome: Glad you've joined us. My wife is a very active camper and our current one is a Jayco. I would check with her on recommended camping forums, but she's out camping!! Hope you love your truck, we are considering one to replace our current tow vehicle in the near future. Again, glad you've joined us.

I recently purchased a new 2012 F-150 Ecoboost XLT 4X2 and couldn't be happier so far. I have already logged 20000 kms since June. 9600 of these Kms were done towing a R-Pod 177 18 foot trailer. I took it at the local drag strip (ICAR) last September and my best run was 14.89 at 93.15 mph. Not bad for a stock truck. I am considering a Livernois tuner but I am not sure for the towing part. This is a very informative forum.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1347[/ATTACH]

welcome Canuck, What the wt on the F150 I know it can tow 11k but how much is the truck too.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! Thank you for your interest in our tuner!

The tune is by far the biggest bang for the buck mod for these vehicles.

The tuner is made by AIW and we create the custom files, load them on the device, then you connect to the OBD-II port to flash it and disconnect when finished. The tuner holds stock + 4 files. We just need your strategy code, tire size (if different than stock), and what files you want loaded.

All of our tunes have been developed in-house on our AWD chassis dyno or the track and proven on the street using our Taurus SHO, F150 & Flex EcoBoost shop vehicles. We also claim the quickest boost only SHO, Flex, and F150. (SHO has been 12.09 @ 117 mph, Flex has been 12.72@109 mph, and F150 has been 12.87 @ 103 mph)

Before releasing our tunes to the public, we had hundreds of dyno pulls and thousands of street miles logged in our own truck. The increased power and torque was great, but we also focused on drivability and reliability.

Transmission calibration is another area we spent a lot of time on. The vehicle shifts more precisely, positive, and firm.

To my knowledge, we’ve tuned more EcoBoost vehicles than anyone in the country and have had zero failures of any kind. We've benchmarked competitor tunes and feel ours is the safest, most reliable and best performing tune you can buy.

The tunes are available for 87, 89, 91, or 93 octane and we have performance and tow specific files. Most customers even claim better fuel economy no matter what tune they select.

-Rick

• 1 month later...
Bienvenu/welcome!

You stole my nickname lol!

So you are now refered as the Canuck...

I believe there is no problem for towing with a tune, but as suggested, I'd call Rick at LMS to confirm...

I've never been to icar; being on the southshore of Montreal, it is a bit far compared to Napierville.

Cheers!

What is the custom rate for a livernois tuner?

• 1 month later...
Bienvenu/welcome!

You stole my nickname lol!

So you are now refered as the Canuck...

I believe there is no problem for towing with a tune, but as suggested, I'd call Rick at LMS to confirm...

I've never been to icar; being on the southshore of Montreal, it is a bit far compared to Napierville.

Cheers!

Hey Steve

How much custum for the tuner in Canada

Lol I had it delivered in Champlain NY just accross the boarder.

You open it, install it in your dash and go back home.

I declared that the package I was going to pick hadn't arrived...

Otherwise, since it is made in US, you would just have to pay the taxes of 15%, but the delivery cost is also higher... So if you can save 30$ in shipping and 90$ of taxes, it makes sense... But I had also ordered 2 gopros cameras (opened them, installed cards and filmed a bit), a tstat and auxiliary trans cooler... I only declared the trans

Cooler for 369$... For which I paid the taxes of 15%...

So for me it was worth the 2 hours back and forth.

Lol I had it delivered in Champlain NY just accross the boarder.

You open it, install it in your dash and go back home.

I declared that the package I was going to pick hadn't arrived...

Otherwise, since it is made in US, you would just have to pay the taxes of 15%, but the delivery cost is also higher... So if you can save 30$ in shipping and 90$ of taxes, it makes sense... But I had also ordered 2 gopros cameras (opened them, installed cards and filmed a bit), a tstat and auxiliary trans cooler... I only declared the trans

Cooler for 369$... For which I paid the taxes of 15%...

So for me it was worth the 2 hours back and forth.

Thanks I will do the same.